Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Old 08-29-2023, 10:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Going to have to disagree here.

Giving up 30 free passive regen/tick vs binding wound? Terrible trade off imo. Also you can still bind wound and have 30/tick. This is a non trivial amount of regen, especially pre torpor.

Fungi is a broken item. Should be way harder to get. And it’s tradeable. Get one and just keep it forever cycling Alts with it.
Torpor gets rid of need for Fungi on Shaman at 60.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireblade7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now, I'm 78% into 51. I have a fungi staff, fungi tunic, seahorse belt and 13K.

I solo a lot and was curious if y'all think i would i level faster if I sold the fungi tunic and seahorse belt and got an epic and a ceremonial iksar chest?

I'm currently leveling mostly off ice giants or when they're camped, the barbarians atm. Its profitable but i feel i could level faster with the epic.

Thoughts?
Save that 13k and buy JBB. You could even sell the seahorse belt if you want the JBB sooner. Now that you are 51 you aren't going to be meleeing as often.

I wouldn't advise selling everything for Epic. I don't think Epic alone is a faster solo than Fungi Tunic + JBB + Fungi Staff. Even if it is, it isn't fast enough to merit spending all your money on it. I leveled from 50-60 with Fungi Tunic + Fungi Staff + JBB + Black Fur Boots and no Epic. I did 58-60 in PoM Rat Maze. I was getting 1 blue bubble an hour in PoM Rat Maze, which is fast. It's faster than Neriak Arena, which is one place where you would be root/rotting with Epic.

You want to sell the Fungi Tunic and whatever else for Torpor when you hit 60. That is a much better use of the money. If you sold everything for Epic you would need to farm another chunk of cash for Torpor. That would probably take longer than whatever time you saved soloing via Epic alone, assuming it is faster. Torpor is going to allow you to farm the fastest, and you can rebuy whatever you sold later. You are going to be gaining money slower as a level 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor vs. a level 60 Shaman with Torpor and no Epic.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2023 at 11:23 AM..
Old 08-29-2023, 11:26 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Save that 13k and buy JBB. You could even sell the seahorse belt if you want the JBB sooner. Now that you are 51 you aren't going to be meleeing as often.

I wouldn't advise selling everything for Epic. I don't think Epic alone is a faster solo than Fungi Tunic + JBB + Fungi Staff. Even if it is, it isn't fast enough to merit spending all your money on it. I leveled from 50-60 with Fungi Tunic + Fungi Staff + JBB + Black Fur Boots and no Epic. I did 58-60 in PoM Rat Maze. I was getting 1 blue bubble an hour in PoM Rat Maze, which is fast. It's faster than Neriak Arena, which is one place where you would be root/rotting with Epic.

You want to sell the Fungi Tunic and whatever else for Torpor when you hit 60. That is a much better use of the money. If you sold everything for Epic you would need to farm another chunk of cash for Torpor. That would probably take longer than whatever time you saved soloing via Epic alone, assuming it is faster. Torpor is going to allow you to farm the fastest, and you can rebuy whatever you sold later. You are going to be gaining money slower as a level 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor vs. a level 60 Shaman with Torpor and no Epic.
One blue an hour? Or one yellow an hour? One blue an hour is dreadfully slow...

In Permafrost, Root rotting 4 at a time with epic at level 59, I was getting 50% yellow an hour...

Also, Epic root rot is way more efficient than JBB slow tanking, even with the +30 hp / tick regen.

You can only do one mob at at time slow tanking. You can root rot up to 6 at a time with epic.

I didn';t have to buy epic MQ, i was able to get it on raid, but Epic is definitely better value than JBB + Fungi Staff. Tunic is usable by many classes, and its always good to have at least one floating around on your toons. But the same cannot be said for JBB and Fungi Staff. I've tried both methods on a 60 shaman, and with Torpor - Fungi Staff and Tunic are both nigh-on obsolete.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One blue an hour? Or one yellow an hour? One blue an hour is dreadfully slow...

In Permafrost, Root rotting 4 at a time with epic at level 59, I was getting 50% yellow an hour...

Also, Epic root rot is way more efficient than JBB slow tanking, even with the +30 hp / tick regen.

You can only do one mob at at time slow tanking. You can root rot up to 6 at a time with epic.

I didn';t have to buy epic MQ, i was able to get it on raid, but Epic is definitely better value than JBB + Fungi Staff. Tunic is usable by many classes, and its always good to have at least one floating around on your toons. But the same cannot be said for JBB and Fungi Staff. I've tried both methods on a 60 shaman, and with Torpor - Fungi Staff and Tunic are both nigh-on obsolete.
One blue an hour is about as fast as I have seen for level 58-59 soloing on multiple classes in various camps. I am skeptical of you getting 2.5 blue bubbles an hour. Maybe that is the charm of bear pits (I have never done them), but that is a single camp that is contested by a lot of druids. You have to take into account how often you won't be able to get the amount of bears needed for that kind of XP.

As I said above, it doesn't really matter which setup is faster. I haven't tried soloing with Epic by itself, so I won't try to make an argument as to which one is faster.

At the end of the day farming 60k or more to buy Torpor is going to take longer on a 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor. With Torpor you can get a Fungi King group and get enough cash to buy Epic fairly quickly. Without Torpor people are less likely to let you into the nice cash camps that 60s do.

That is why you shouldn't sell everything for Epic. Fungi Tunic + Fungi Staff + JBB + Black Fur Boots will allow you to level quickly, while also keeping your tradeable items available to sell for Torpor. You can basically get Torpor right when you hit 60.

I agree with you Fungi Tunic + Staff are less useful at 60 with Torpor, which is why you sell them for Torpor.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-29-2023 at 11:38 AM..
Old 08-29-2023, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One blue an hour is about as fast as I have seen for level 58-59 soloing on multiple classes in various camps. I am skeptical of you getting 2.5 blue bubbles an hour.
Do you think the Necros and Enchanters in Howling stones are getting 4%(one Blue bubble) exp per hour ? If soloers only got one blue bubble per hour, nobody would solo.

1 Blue an hour is horrible. Awful. You can get 1 blue an hour in a 6-person group in Velks. If you stayed at 1 blue an hour solo, it would take 25 hours per level. Solo play in a multiplayer game.

The benchmark for solo 55+ is 10% per hour. If you can get 1/2 a yellow per hour, you're doing good. Otherwise, you're better off grouping, because then at least you can talk to other people, take AFKs and still get exp, and not have to do all the work to kill a mob.
Last edited by zelld52; 08-29-2023 at 11:52 AM..
Old 08-29-2023, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On my monk soloing Lava Duct crawlers at 59, I was getting one blue per hour.
You were also getting 1 blue an hour on your Monk at 59. That is what I am talking about. A lot of camps give you roughly that amount solo at 59, and you cannot always assume you will be able to get the absolute best XP camp. They are contested. I never said anything about charm classes, so I am not sure why you are bringing up Necros/Enchanters. We are talking about Shamans.

You are ignoring my primary point, which is selling everything for Epic is a bad move anyway, even if you could go from 1 blue an hour to 2 blues an hour. You save 12 hours leveling, but you will spend more than 12 hours farming for Torpor when you are out of money, and are a 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor. That is a really bad tradeoff. Level a bit slower with Fungi Tunic + Fungi Staff + JBB, then sell it all for Torpor and farm that money back faster for Epic or whatever else you want.
Old 08-29-2023, 11:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
One blue an hour is about as fast as I have seen for level 58-59 soloing on multiple classes in various camps. I am skeptical of you getting 2.5 blue bubbles an hour.
You said multiple classes. Should I have assumed you didn't mean charm classes.

Also, monk is worse soloer than shaman. So if a monk is getting the same exp as a shaman....
Old 08-29-2023, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Translation: I'm bad, so I assume other players are bad, too.
Insulting people isn't an argument. You were also getting 1 blue an hour on your Monk, so you are also bad using your own logic.

You are still ignoring my primary point, which is selling everything for Epic is a bad move anyway, even if you could go from 1 blue an hour to 2 blues an hour. You save 12 hours leveling, but you will spend more than 12 hours farming for Torpor when you are out of money, and are a 60 Shaman with Epic and no Torpor. That is a really bad tradeoff. Level a bit slower with Fungi Tunic + Fungi Staff + JBB, then sell it all for Torpor and farm that money back faster for Epic or whatever else you want.
Old 08-29-2023, 12:05 PM
Fire Giant

Epic is great and really hits it's stride once you are 56 and get Paralyzing Earth. Until then JBB will be fine
Old 08-29-2023, 12:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Insulting people isn't an argument. You were also getting 1 blue an hour on your Monk, so you are also bad using your own logic.
I stand by my original quote, sorry for editing it. Based on your account of how slowly you levelled through 58 and 59, and your "skepticism" of others who are more efficient than you, I think you are bad.

If a monk, who are not known as great soloers is getting the same exp as a shaman, who are known as top-tier soloers... That proves the monk is bad? Logic? Not even once, on your end.

Fungi, Fungi Staff, and JBB are not going to help levelling 55-60 as much as epic will. I've done both. Is MY original point.

Much faster epic root rotting with Paralyzing Earth than slow tanking. 10% per hour. Compared to your 4% per hour slow-tanking with JBB and Fungi / Fungi Staff.

I sold my Fungi at level 55 to buy Torpor and keep it in my bag. Motivation to hit 60. Haven't had a Fungi on my shaman since. Been able to farm enough plat to last me forever on p99 since then.

I was able to level 56-60, 10% per hour, two hours a day, Monday-Friday (usually between 2pm and 4pm) - and it took me a month. 59-60 took me a week, root rotting. Prior to 56, I wasn't root rotting and I was JBB / Slow tanking while Fungi Staff / Fungi Tunic regenned me. Had to play twice as much to go 52-55.

[Fri Oct 08 14:35:34 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 56!
[Fri Oct 15 15:46:58 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 57!
[Fri Oct 22 22:48:02 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 58!
[Wed Oct 27 15:10:36 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 59!
[Fri Nov 05 16:42:50 2021] You have gained a level! Welcome to level 60!
Last edited by zelld52; 08-29-2023 at 12:28 PM..