Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default EQ Documentaries

Hi everyone,

I played EQ hardcore from 1999 to 2004 and casual in 2005 before quitting. Now I'm playing casually on P99 to re-experience those glory days. I've found it fascinating to hear about the game from other people's perspectives and seeing how similar or different it was to my own. I've found a couple documentaries about EQ where people talk about the game and some of the stuff they've done and how it affected their life and I think it's really interesting.

I'm going to start a list of all of the documentaries I've found and hopefully other people can contribute if they've found any as well!

Thanks!

List of known EQ Documentaries:

Second Skin
http://documentarylovers.net/second-skin-documentary/
- Several different people's experiences and pretty high production quality

Evercracked
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtqG1u2hqUY
- Multiple episodes about the history behind everquest

Everquest Players LFG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rpxQwZUIQ0
- 2 part short documentary about 3 people also footage from Everquest Fan Convention
Old 02-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Banned

I watched this and decided I wasted a lot of my life being a nerd and never looking or acting the part. Therefore I am quitting all vid games , in fear I will one day become a fat internet nerd who doesn't recieve sex unless paid with money. That is all.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by visage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I watched this and decided I wasted a lot of my life being a nerd and never looking or acting the part. Therefore I am quitting all vid games , in fear I will one day become a fat internet nerd who doesn't recieve sex unless paid with money. That is all.
aren't you that weird fuck that looks like he wants to be a chick and wears makeup?

k.

edit

and thanks for posting these OP
Old 02-04-2013, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Can't wait to watch these. Thanks for the links!

OUT OF THE WAY PECK!

Quote:
12:53 <Littlegyno> nilberg
12:53 <Littlegyno> i was
12:53 <Littlegyno> gonna have pix
Old 02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Watched these and it made me sad..seriously, why is the American gaming culture mostly composed of seemingly overweight degenerates? If you go to South Korea for example, it's more mainstream, and normal looking/living people enjoy games just as much as the next guy. Here in the US, with a few exceptions, it's a haven for fat, strange looking people, with sad real lives. I wonder what has caused such a disparity?
Old 02-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Banned

Fat is a sign of wealth and power

Or something idk I've seen plenty of fat Asian gamers
Old 02-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Sarnak

It was once, but driving through any low income neighborhood in the US will point to the fact that fat is now a sign of poverty.

Just judging it based on the time I've spent in South Korea, the "PC Bangs" ( PC gaming cafe's found on nearly every corner in Seoul), I was hard pressed to find a fat person. Of course, this is only based on personal experience.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by visage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL. I'm confounded by these statements, the irony is so heavily lathered on.

New Thread Topic: People's intense misconceptions about their outward appearance & the multitude of factors which might lead to this misunderstanding of oneself.

Jokes aside, thanks for sharing.
Closed Thread