Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Skeleton

Default Deepwater Knight Faction Question

I've been trying to increase my Deepwater Knight Faction for a couple weeks now. To do this, I've been camping Noclin Saah in Paineel and Aglthin Dasmore in Toxxulia, both who give positive DeepwaterKnight faction after killing. I started out at amiable, being a High Elf paladin, to the Deepwater Knights. After killing both these mobs over 90 times total, I have no change in faction. I'm still amiable to the paladin guild in Erudin and Weligon Steelherder still will not give me any of his 3 quests, saying I haven't shown enough for them to trust me.

My question is, is this faction line working correctly? Has anyone been able to increase their faction beyond amiable recently? Have I just not done enough to bump up my faction beyond amiable and should keep at it? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Skeleton

Bump and Update:
Over 110 kills, another 2 hours camped. Still no faction change. There was a recent thread with Virtuosos who had a similar question. Nilbog stated faction with the Paineel guards was fixed. Wondering if this might have affected Deepwater Knight faction in some way. I just feel that it would not take 10+ hours total camping and killing these npcs to bump faction up when starting at amiable.....
Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Orc

if role-play memory serves I think Welligon is on high council faction.
If you kill aglthin in toxx and hand in the bones to Markeus Javins (head mage) you get high council faction, which in turn improves Welligons faction. (he being the color guard for Erudin and all)

Also killing swimming poachers in the ocean by the boat ramp also improves deepwater faction if I recall, and killing the sharks may as well.

Also a croney of welligons, I forget who ( in the same building), gives a kobold shamans paw quest. she gives two quests, and both of these will improve faction with the deepwaters including Welligon. kobold shamans are out in toxx- small camp by a fallen tree.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Skeleton

Yes Welligon is on High Council of Erudin faction, but he's also listed under Deepwater Knight Faction. Even if I couldn't get his view of me past amiable, the other paladins in the building also still see me as amiable. So my faction definitely has not changed.

Aglthin doesn't drop any bones. Just his fishing pole which is turned into Paineel for negative Deepwater Faction since Aglthin is an outcast Heretic. So no go on that one.

The swimming poachers do not give positive DW Knight faction, just affect faction lines in Qeynos. Turning in their Nicked Coins to Laoni Reista in Erudin does increase DW Knight faction but they don't drop the coins every time. Plus the coins are lore, so it would be turning in 1 at a time. Killing sharks does not increase DW knight faction though.

Finally, the kobold paw quest does increase High Council faction, but not DW Knight faction. I need only DW KNight faction since Inte Akera in Plane of Sky is soley on DW Knight faction.

Do I try the Fiery Avenger turn in with amiable faction? I don't think its worth the risk.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:57 AM
Kobold

There's another NPC in tox that you can kill to raise DW faction, but i can't remember his name atm. He's near the docks on the other side of the bridge from Alginthor.

Just a fyi i spent 3 days killing those three before wellington would give me quests, it takes awhile and I was at amiable too.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Skeleton

After another hour of taking out these guys and adding in Elial at the docks, I finally bumped up to Kindly faction. Thanks for the advice! Time to get Fiery Avenger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Aviak

Out of curiousity, did it work at kindly?
Old 11-29-2012, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

It's been a few months now, but I'm prety sure I only needed 40 to 50 kills of that necro at the dock in Toxx to get one of the DW NPCs to start giving me quests (the "pearls" quest, was not terribly far into amiable when I was ableto get that.) This is as a Half Elf paladin from Knights of Truth in Freeport (Mithaniel Marr). Got my swimming up over 180 maxing my faction after that (also did the undead sailor thing in Erud's Crossing for a while to break the monotony of the "pearls" quest, it took sooooooooooooo long to get thru kindly.)

It's possible things have changed since I did it, I know they've done some work on faction in various places throughout the game-world since.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

try this quest - worked for me at indifferent faction (back on live)

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=111
Old 11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

Aglthin and Elial Brook in toxx both give dw, then noclin in paineel. Just sow pot yourself and do that triangle without pausing through 4 or 5 pots and you should be good.