Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reminder: It's a free game that people volunteered to make for you so that you could have fun.
I remind people of this often, but receiving money in exchange for your time doesn’t effect how much the players and staff care about the server. I happen to be a player that cares a lot about this community.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Rooted cleric dragons with no way to mana sieve or stun seems like a bigger issue
Old 04-07-2019, 01:30 PM
Aviak

Everyone always says that the raid scene is toxic, that people are assoholes in tov, that repops cause a shitstorm in tov. I just disagree. For the last 3 months with very minimal staff involvement, if any, i just dont see this toxic environment everyone always says is happing. Sure issues happen but they are usually unintentional. Sure guilds train others but its accidentally with the the trainer conceding. Sure disagreements happen between guilds but they are usually resolved by guild leaders. Considering the mechanics of the game (pulling across zones, aggro, etc) i see the raid scene as a testament to to the good not the asshole behavior everyone always says is happening. It is as if people just keep repeating the raid scene is a shitshow when its not in hopes of getting changes they want to the game.

With regards to the rooted mobs. Seems cool and will bring back crawling. Would be better if instead of rooting mobs there would just be some mechanic that causes mobs to return to spawn if pulled to far. Thus allowing classic fight mechincs (pushing, pulling) but not allow stuff like pulling to zone every raid mob.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:55 PM
Orc

I'm just excited that it should keep AM/AG ect locked down in ToV longer on earthquakes to open up other targets.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misek84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone always says that the raid scene is toxic, that people are assoholes in tov, that repops cause a shitstorm in tov. I just disagree. For the last 3 months with very minimal staff involvement, if any, i just dont see this toxic environment everyone always says is happing. Sure issues happen but they are usually unintentional. Sure guilds train others but its accidentally with the the trainer conceding. Sure disagreements happen between guilds but they are usually resolved by guild leaders. Considering the mechanics of the game (pulling across zones, aggro, etc) i see the raid scene as a testament to to the good not the asshole behavior everyone always says is happening. It is as if people just keep repeating the raid scene is a shitshow when its not in hopes of getting changes they want to the game.

With regards to the rooted mobs. Seems cool and will bring back crawling. Would be better if instead of rooting mobs there would just be some mechanic that causes mobs to return to spawn if pulled to far. Thus allowing classic fight mechincs (pushing, pulling) but not allow stuff like pulling to zone every raid mob.
DA idol / DA earring pulling is cheesy and not classic. All it does is reward the guild that spends the most time camping Idols and winning Ring war clickfests.

Sorry you're bad at everquest!
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DA idol / DA earring pulling is cheesy and not classic. All it does is reward the guild that spends the most time camping Idols and winning Ring war clickfests.

That's funny...winning should mean you aren't inherently bad...
Old 04-07-2019, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by twill86 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm just excited that it should keep AM/AG ect locked down in ToV longer on earthquakes to open up other targets.
Wrong
Tov will be killed last while everything else will be priority
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 04-07-2019, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's funny...winning should mean you aren't inherently bad...
If only the ring war rotation/roll wasn't killed by assholes who think their time/pixels is more important than everyone else's
Old 04-07-2019, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It took much, much more than just camping the Idol camp to successfully pull a dragon to zone in clean. We put in a ton of effort running scrimmages and tests on our private server, organization, maps, charts, and way more than I can keep track of. Our entire DKP system was restructured to support ToV participation and support. It was a great experience building a team and it made getting loot that much more rewarding.
Old 04-07-2019, 03:08 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajohnymous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[B]direct staff involvement to enforce those rules needs to happen.
Just ban the server. Everyone that isn't in this guy's guild is clearly evil, and heretics and probably the anti-quellious.
Infact we should probably just give him GM status so that he can ban all the people that he doesn't like. Especially if they're trolls, ogres, or iksars. Those are the dirty ones.

TL[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]R - you can't control peoples own free will. You may think you can, but you can't. Didn't you ever watch Bruce Almighty? Trying to control people's actions never works, and inevitably, borns evil in yourself. Additionally the concept of telling people what they can and cannot kill in an mmo designed to be an online version of dungeons and dragons isn't really the best idea in the world. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's a small concept idea... now stay with me on this... If someone does something that seems wrong and you don't like it... you could... tell them that you don't like it.
And if you still don't like it and they continue to do it and you think it will bother other people you could.... tell others about it... forewarn them about person X or guild Y.
And if you really really REALLLY want to get into the idea of roleplaying that the person X or guild Y is absolutely evil, then you could... wage some sort of war against them..

There's really a million ways to deal with drama (which this is) and none of them invoke the power of "YOU CANT PLAY ANYMORE BECAUSE I SAID SO!!!".
Closed Thread