Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2020, 12:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh I am sorry, was talking about the Leveling exploit. <3 galach, you and menden have helped me and this server countless times[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] My dumbself loves to let mage bags rot^-^
You going to brush your teeth after sucking on that GM dick?
Old 04-30-2020, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethius Marlowe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's my take on that. It's really just a matter of relativity, it's not all that crazy.

Money means different things to different people. I could be wrong but it's probably not a 34 year old that works for minimum wage at mcdonalds dropping 700 bones on a cloak of flames. I could see someone who maybe lives on the dole dropping that for an item for a game that they play 10 hours a day that makes them happy. That's honestly just kind of like buying a decent mattress. Pretty similar concept.

Then also you need to consider that the game we play is made up of mostly people who grew up and were 14-40 the first go around. Now they're 34-60. They don't have the time or energy that they used to, but they do have money. And money buys "time" in that sense. Because you don't need to farm for like two weeks full days to make enough money to buy a CoF if you've got kids and a job and a partner and stuff. You just can't do it. But you're still fiending for that nostalgia.

And also also, like, the game is made up of nerdy people. Nerdy people skew towards some pretty high end salary tech jobs. If I'm making 200k a year but want an EQ fix, my paychecks are 12k take home a month. 700 bucks for an item that will make me happier when I play for a few hours for a few months even though I'll MAYBE get banned down the road, and if that happens I'll just pivot to something else to get my joy from. (Speaking metaphorically, I sold money when I was a kid in original EQ but haven't done RMT since, cept maybe a few blizz tokens for convenient gold for tradeskill shit.)

I mean. Everything is just what you value it as.

$700 to one person is a life changer. $700 to another person is spare change. You could pay to house someone in a 1bedroom for a month in like Pittsburgh, or have once nice evening at a pricey restaurant.

Relativity, folks. It drives everrrrrything. That einstein guy knew what was up
get a load of this RMT sympathizer
Old 04-30-2020, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here's my take on that. It's really just a matter of relativity, it's not all that crazy.

Money means different things to different people. I could be wrong but it's probably not a 34 year old that works for minimum wage at mcdonalds dropping 700 bones on a cloak of flames. I could see someone who maybe lives on the dole dropping that for an item for a game that they play 10 hours a day that makes them happy. That's honestly just kind of like buying a decent mattress. Pretty similar concept.

Then also you need to consider that the game we play is made up of mostly people who grew up and were 14-40 the first go around. Now they're 34-60. They don't have the time or energy that they used to, but they do have money. And money buys "time" in that sense. Because you don't need to farm for like two weeks full days to make enough money to buy a CoF if you've got kids and a job and a partner and stuff. You just can't do it. But you're still fiending for that nostalgia.

And also also, like, the game is made up of nerdy people. Nerdy people skew towards some pretty high end salary tech jobs. If I'm making 200k a year but want an EQ fix, my paychecks are 12k take home a month. 700 bucks for an item that will make me happier when I play for a few hours for a few months even though I'll MAYBE get banned down the road, and if that happens I'll just pivot to something else to get my joy from. (Speaking metaphorically, I sold money when I was a kid in original EQ but haven't done RMT since, cept maybe a few blizz tokens for convenient gold for tradeskill shit.)

I mean. Everything is just what you value it as.

$700 to one person is a life changer. $700 to another person is spare change. You could pay to house someone in a 1bedroom for a month in like Pittsburgh, or have once nice evening at a pricey restaurant.

Relativity, folks. It drives everrrrrything. That einstein guy knew what was up
How bout a tall glass of STFU
Old 04-30-2020, 01:05 PM
Aviak

700$ for pixels [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] sounds like some left his basement to steal mommy's credit card!
Old 04-30-2020, 01:19 PM
Banned

I discovered this, reported it and didn't abuse it way before this
Old 04-30-2020, 01:23 PM
Fire Giant

So still no ideal what was RMT'd and which guild did it-_-.Other then it did happen last 72 hours ban.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 04-30-2020, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

why are u exploiting tundra jack?
Old 04-30-2020, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

I need items that have been collected thousands of times in an ancient video game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]((((((((((((((((
Old 04-30-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

someone should open a server that starts at GoD and only stays at GoD and everyone starts at lvl 60 with basic PoP gear and 100 aas.
Old 04-30-2020, 05:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone should open a server that starts at GoD and only stays at GoD and everyone starts at lvl 60 with basic PoP gear and 100 aas.
that should be the red server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread