Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2020, 01:39 AM
Large Bat

Default Enchanters and Faction

What factions are important to an enchanter on Green. I'm an Agnostic High Elf enchanter so I can pretty much go anywhere. I have no intentions of ever getting my epic. Is there any factions in particular should an enchanter not ruin? Would hunting bards ruin any quests later on? Is there any faction you should definitely not ruin?
Old 05-09-2020, 02:08 AM
Kobold

It's really a matter of taste. Personally, I prefer to be able to waltz through any given city in the right illusion, so I tend to not ruin factions there. I also avoid harming druids/rangers so as not to be annoyed at some druid port rings.

If you care to do the epic, it would probably be easier if you left ogres and high elves alone. You do that one ogre quest for the flower and a turnin for a crown from the high elves. Other than that it's all drops outside cities. Dark elves don't assist Verina. I can't recall if Iksar assist Vessel 100% but I think they don't. I seem to remember him being pulled to the zonein before and the guards just kind of watched.
@EndorraFeyborne Discord
Old 05-09-2020, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

You don't really have to worry about factions at all. In the case you find you want to do some quest or something and you will need a certain faction there is almost always some easy quest to quickly gain back your faction (even if the NPC is KOS enchanter can just charm them for immediate amiable faction).

There are some dungeon based factions you might want to consider, like the gnomes in sol a and the live frogs in guk, but those considerations aren't unique to enchaters.

You also might want to try to avoid messing up any of the reaper of the dead quest factions. Enchanter is one of the few class/races that can do this quest without much difficulty and the item has end game relevance.Of course there other ways around the faction hurdle in this quest as the items for it are tradeable/dropable. There is aso the stein of moggok quest to consider early on in your enchanter's life. It won't be worth your time to worry about later on though.

Once kunark drops your first big faction concern will be whether or not you want to be KOS in OT or not. A much later decision is in if you want to get a spirit wracked cord.

Velious of course has tons of faction issues. Better to just learn about all of them when the time comes.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:13 AM
Large Bat

That’s good to know. I like doing the bard diet for lazy leveling. Is there anything of interest for an enchanter in the League of Antonican Bards or Qeynos factions?
Old 05-10-2020, 02:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't really have to worry about factions at all. In the case you find you want to do some quest or something and you will need a certain faction there is almost always some easy quest to quickly gain back your faction (even if the NPC is KOS enchanter can just charm them for immediate amiable faction).

There are some dungeon based factions you might want to consider, like the gnomes in sol a and the live frogs in guk, but those considerations aren't unique to enchaters.

You also might want to try to avoid messing up any of the reaper of the dead quest factions. Enchanter is one of the few class/races that can do this quest without much difficulty and the item has end game relevance.Of course there other ways around the faction hurdle in this quest as the items for it are tradeable/dropable. There is aso the stein of moggok quest to consider early on in your enchanter's life. It won't be worth your time to worry about later on though.

Once kunark drops your first big faction concern will be whether or not you want to be KOS in OT or not. A much later decision is in if you want to get a spirit wracked cord.

Velious of course has tons of faction issues. Better to just learn about all of them when the time comes.

For ease of OT hammer, don't fight in Karnors, but then again Karnors exp is abysmally shitty so why would you grace the denizen plebiens who choose to exp there with the gift of chanterisms?
Old 05-10-2020, 04:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwaihir [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For ease of OT hammer, don't fight in Karnors, but then again Karnors exp is abysmally shitty so why would you grace the denizen plebiens who choose to exp there with the gift of chanterisms?
Bards/necros/enchanters don't have to worry about OT faction for their hammers.
Closed Thread