Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: I am Joe Biden's Brain.
Still good. 19 23.75%
Barely functional! 8 10.00%
Hanging on for dear life!! 9 11.25%
Corn Pop was a lying dog faced pony soldier, fat. 34 42.50%
Joe Biden was on Flight 77. 10 12.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 12:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOEs are less efficient players because they cater to too many masters. If we were looking to destabilize China we would want to make them rely on these so that way their private sector is hurt and less able to compete on the world market. Whether they fully own up on their end is immaterial as long as they're given incentive to rely on less efficient producers for the next 'agreement'.

Our advantage is that even though they know this they are helpless to resist. Having your own protected market segment is such a goldmine they will convince themselves they can stop.

My concern is this will take too long to destabilize China by itself. I would prefer a more direct provocation. I've been playing Harpoon for a long time now and I'm quite sure China is a paper tiger. I think if we baited them in and then showed them a good time they would have a hangin hard time splaining how come everything was done blown up real good in under an hour. I can only dream.

Anyway, I see these agreements as salvos in the war. There will never be a meeting of the minds. The only future both systems envision is one where the other doesn't exist.
Gonna have to disagree with you there on China being a paper tiger. Their defense scheme is directly managed under a cohesive set of objectives and parameters, while the US has kinda evolved into a government-sponsored profit enterprise that produces a whole lot of assets that are ineffectual in modern war.

Consider the F-35 program which has been a colossal waste of money and produced a substandard fighter with a very niche role that would probably lose to 1 or 2 F-15's, and costs more than 20 F-15's. China and Russia both have highly advanced anti-ship missiles that we are nowhere close to being able to reliably defend against. (For an interesting foray into this, read about how many British ships got trashed by primitive Argentinian exocets in the Falklands War, and then imagine hyper advanced ship-killing missiles currently employed by Russia and China). It's highly unlikely American ships would be able to operate within 1,000 miles of the Chinese coast.

China may not yet have the precision manufacturing aptitude or R&D in place to produce the truly cutting edge hardware that we make in America, but corruption in the US has produced a fighting force that is so bloated, ill-suited, and ineffectual that I'm pretty sure we'd get roflstomped the way we routinely do in wargames.

In essence, the corruption of our politics is permeating every aspect of our civilization and turning it into shit.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes... Murder is bad...

War against a hostile force is never a good thing. It is sometimes a necessary thing. China presents an existential threat to the sovereignty of the US and that evidence is shown by the Dems, MSM, Hollywood, cancel culture, free speech opression etc. Its just not being done the same way as they did it in china. Make no mistake the end result is the same.

Make sure you keep up that Social Credit Score.
Nice word salad but I'm totally fine with China producing groceries for us to consume. They aren't an advanced economy they just have a huge volume of human capital.

Seek Christ.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna have to disagree with you there on China being a paper tiger. Their defense scheme is directly managed under a cohesive set of objectives and parameters, while the US has kinda evolved into a government-sponsored profit enterprise that produces a whole lot of assets that are ineffectual in modern war.

Consider the F-35 program which has been a colossal waste of money and produced a substandard fighter with a very niche role that would probably lose to 1 or 2 F-15's, and costs more than 20 F-15's. China and Russia both have highly advanced anti-ship missiles that we are nowhere close to being able to reliably defend against. (For an interesting foray into this, read about how many British ships got trashed by primitive Argentinian exocets in the Falklands War, and then imagine hyper advanced ship-killing missiles currently employed by Russia and China). It's highly unlikely American ships would be able to operate within 1,000 miles of the Chinese coast.

China may not yet have the precision manufacturing aptitude or R&D in place to produce the truly cutting edge hardware that we make in America, but corruption in the US has produced a fighting force that is so bloated, ill-suited, and ineffectual that I'm pretty sure we'd get roflstomped the way we routinely do in wargames.

In essence, the corruption of our politics is permeating every aspect of our civilization and turning it into shit.
You're supposed to lose war games, moron. That's the point.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Trump wasn't going to lose until Covid. Now it's anyone's ball game. I think Biden wasn't going to run until Covid hit, the democrats realized it's hard to unseat a sitting president. Especially when the economy is rocking. They were going to offer up someone that couldn't win as a sacrifice. Like Booker.

But now the economy isn't rocking. It's in shambles. There is an actual opportunity. So they put in their Aged Ace. Their Hail Mary.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-05-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice word salad but I'm totally fine with China producing groceries for us to consume. They aren't an advanced economy they just have a huge volume of human capital.

Seek Christ.
It is not moral for us to participate in the slave labor of many of China’s citizens. Mexico’s labor is cheaper than china’s anyway, and Mexicans aren’t, as far as I know, evil pieces of shit who start pandemics every ten years because they eat dogs and bats and let their children shit in the streets
Old 08-05-2020, 01:43 AM
Planar Protector

I’m sorry your generation has to fight the Chinese. Hit the gym guys, you’re gonna need cardio for whatever war comes next
Old 08-05-2020, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're supposed to lose war games, moron. That's the point.
What's not the point is to demonstrate a complete breakdown in operational integrity and suffer humiliating "losses" through stunning incompetence, which is what I was referring to.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:34 AM
Fire Giant

Old white guy with mental malfunctions was like an unbroken 200 year chain of presidents until obama then we had a guy who could deliver a speech and speak eloquently for a short time now were back to white demented and this time at a record breaking 4th grade vocabulary
Old 08-05-2020, 03:37 AM
Banned

Thats cool and all, but on the bright side....

I won sole legal and physical custody of both of my daughters in court today.

Without a lawyer.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 08-05-2020 at 03:39 AM..
Old 08-05-2020, 05:11 AM
Planar Protector

is Biden older than John McCain when he ran against Obama?
Closed Thread