Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:03 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default I'm back to EQ! So... how do I make my life easy?

Hello All,

first I must say, I have nerd chills. I'm so pumped to start playing again. I do have a concern though. I never did well in this game when I first played it. I played a ranger without ANY help and never got past 57. I really want to get into the raiding content on P99 and I'd eventually like to PL a ranger just to say, "YOU SEE THAT CHILDHOOD?! I'M BACK AND I OWNED YOU!"

It may take a year or two, but EQ wasn't ever an easy game. I was hoping I could meet some friendly folks and we could shoot the breeze. Anyone here just getting started or mind a newb hanging around?

Sincerely,
Uvetin Firearrow / Tenyus Num nums
Old 06-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Fire Giant

My friends and I are pretty established on the server, but we're putting together a little group of new characters for fun. Right now we have a warrior, shaman and maybe a rogue/enchanter. We should be getting started either today or tomorrow, but I don't know how much time we're going to dedicate to these chars. If we're on though you're more than welcome to join us. My main chars names are Mokoi and Dangelo, can also buff you up with them.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:38 PM
Orc

A ranger huh? I'm impressed; that's not an easy class to level up. Hit me up in game as Falaniel if you ever want any free ports.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

Welcome!

I will say there are a bunch of leveling guilds that would be happy to have another player. I recently joined a guild a friend of mine was in, Immortals, and they have been great and very welcoming since I joined, although they dont seem to recruit much. You should be able to find a couple of guilds like this on the server pretty easily.

Otherwise, if no luck, I can point you to one of our officers to speak to if you would like. Good luck and have fun!
Herbila - Warrior
Old 06-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Planar Protector

You reroll a druid and get up to 29 join Dial a Port and use that to fund whatever toon you wish. The plat is endless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also welcome to the server.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-14-2017, 06:18 PM
Kobold

Welcome back! Hope you have tons of fun. Contact Kungphu in game we can level up
Old 06-14-2017, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You reroll a druid and get up to 29 join Dial a Port and use that to fund whatever toon you wish. The plat is endless [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also welcome to the server.
this is good advice. Having a melee first character is rough. Not impossible by any stretch, but rough. Druid/chanter/necro make great first classes as they're not terribly gear dependent.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:10 PM
Aviak

Rangers are pretty rough, but hey welcome back [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] feel free to add me to your friends (any of my characters) and send me tells when ever if you have questions or need advise. I do randomly give away gear and JC'd items from time to time to lowbies so feel free to ask if I have anything on me if you see me on. 9/10 I am just sitting in EC bored, helping some lowbie friends, or PLing for free. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I dont bite...much (JK).

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Old 06-14-2017, 09:15 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure why rangers get so much of a bad rap, ive always loved having a ranger in the group. They are the best pullers in outdoor zones.
Old 06-14-2017, 09:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure why rangers get so much of a bad rap, ive always loved having a ranger in the group. They are the best pullers in outdoor zones.
^^ have to agree there...love having a ranger in the group

Alexnoshinku (Blue Server) Level 53 High-Elf Illusionist (Enchanter)
Alexnoshinku (Green Server) Level 60 High-Elf Templar (Cleric)
<Forever Alone Group>
Entertain me :3 Please?
Closed Thread