Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure I understand your point since you need clicky junk buffs that work indoors anyways for raiding? How do Jboots solve any raiding problems?

If you exp for 8 hours a day for 30 days that's barely equal to the cost of Jboots. And SoW pots are 20% faster. It's amazing 21 years later people still think Jboots are good. If you have the plat they most certainly are not.
Outdoor raids currently in game:
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear

Outdoor raids to be added shortly:
Plane of Sky

Outdoor Raids to be added with Kunark:
Gorenaire
Talendor
Severilous
Faydedar
Venril Sathir

Outdoor raids in Velious:
Tunare
Kelorek`Dar
Wuoshi
Klandicar, Sontalak, and various other WW dragons.

I'm sure I missed a few.

Any other retorts?

It's amazing after 21 years that some people still haven't experienced over 50% of the content in this game but think they know everything.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow, you seem like a nice guy from previous encounters with you, but that was an extremely arrogant and dismissive response from someone who should be interested in something like this that publicly represents your guild as incapable of enforcing the rules that you created.

You might think you're doing the server population a favor with this type of list system, but you aren't. There is more daily drama surrounding this camp since this list went into effect than anything I've encountered on p99 in over 10 years. Nearly everyone that I've spoken to about it has complaints.
We didn't create the rules. It's a player agreement based on the foundation on the Server Camp rules.

You are overstating the "drama" on the list. To be quite frank, I figured it would have been wiped and re-established many times by now. We had two early insertions, both from the same guy, anonymously. It was reported and the guy tracked down on his alt within 6 minutes and corrected. Last week we had our first blow-up. Was rectified and Blisting and Menden even commented on it.

You talk about anyone editing it, but failing to mention it has full Audit History and people can and do correct it.

I very intentionally remain hands-off on it unless I'm totally needed.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation and frustrations. Contested camps are always like that in EQ. The vast majority of feedback I hear is positive.

Hope he doesn't mind me sharing this:

Quote:
Blistig 07/28/2020
I have a strong interest in keeping it going because it's one of the very few player-driven agreements on any server that people actually respect
Hope that helps you understand my response even if you still don't agree with it.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:55 AM
Aviak

If you would like names of the people mentioned in my post that moved #40something to #1 this morning, I'd be happy to share, since your awesome auditing didn't catch that today.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Outdoor raids currently in game:
Plane of Hate
Plane of Fear

Outdoor raids to be added shortly:
Plane of Sky

Outdoor Raids to be added with Kunark:
Gorenaire
Talendor
Severilous
Faydedar
Venril Sathir

Outdoor raids in Velious:
Tunare
Kelorek`Dar
Wuoshi
Klandicar, Sontalak, and various other WW dragons.

I'm sure I missed a few.

Any other retorts?

It's amazing after 21 years that some people still haven't experienced over 50% of the content in this game but think they know everything.
And why can't you use the multiple indoor clickies you will be required to have for these outdoor raids as well?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Fire Giant

Here let's do some wizard basic calculations. Let's say quadding from 50-60 in kunark is roughly 50% time gathering killing, and 50% time medding (it will prob take long to gather mobs with all the peeps leveling but for sake of argument).

Jboots give your char 135% speed
SoW pots 155% speed

SoW pots are 14.8% faster. Now if our time is split 50/50 like above that means you will level 7.4% faster using SoW pots while quadding (since speed doesn't matter while medding). Now time spent casting is not factored in yet so let's say it's 1/3 moving 2/3 not, you will still level 5% faster.

Ergo any wiz quad leveling in kunark with jboots will be leveling slower than those with SoW pots. (SoW pots also get slightly faster as you level to 60 so these numbers will be marginally higher)
Last edited by Widan; 08-03-2020 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-03-2020, 12:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
If you would like names of the people mentioned in my post that moved #40something to #1 this morning, I'd be happy to share, since your awesome auditing didn't catch that today.
No need. I can see it all. I don't audit or revert or unless needed (same with others). I saw your situation going on this morning, but still have made no attempt to unpack it as others generally have more bandwidth and will report what's needed. I like to let the players involved reach their agreement in a player agreement situation. I have not the time nor authority to instill policy changes on it. It's simply a tool to assist in what people were already doing.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys should just come to a player agreement that the player needs to be waiting there instead of just signing up for a list & not having to have a presence.
it owns that the staff want players to make "player agreements" for every conflict camp without ever actually creating a process for doing that, or a place for players to find out such an agreement exists.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it owns that the staff want players to make "player agreements" for every conflict camp without ever actually creating a process for doing that, or a place for players to find out such an agreement exists.
I would state less critical, but yes. Intent of the hosted list.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:33 PM
Aviak

I don't want the GM's involved; quite the contrary actually; they shouldn't have to deal with complaints about this list once a week as they have been lately. I didn't petition, as you can see from my original post I exhausted every ounce of effort I could do resolve it among players, diplomatically and logically. Pretty much every other camp in the game works itself out, but this list is used as a "pat ourselves on the back" vehicle for those that set it up, and clearly it's more trouble than its worth for the creators, the GM's, and the end users. Thanks but no thanks.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here let's do some wizard basic calculations. Let's say quadding from 50-60 in kunark is roughly 50% time gathering killing, and 50% time medding (it will prob take long to gather mobs with all the peeps leveling but for sake of argument).
It's not 50/50, not even close, so "let's not say" that. Medding is the vast majority of your total time spent, if quadding without clarity.

Quote:
SoW pots are 14.8% faster. Now if our time is split 50/50 like above that means you will level 7.4% faster using SoW pots while quadding (since speed doesn't matter while medding). Now time spent casting is not factored in yet so let's say it's 1/3 moving 2/3 not, you will still level 5% faster.
Since we've already debunked your completely arbitrary 50/50 theory, all of the above is completely immaterial. Moving on...

Quote:
(SoW pots also get slightly faster as you level to 60 so these numbers will be marginally higher)
Jboots also scale increased movement speed as the user levels.

Everything you said here is unfounded, and you're grasping at straws because I destroyed your made-up argument. Please go away, you're embarrassing yourself.
Closed Thread