Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cawin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's simply a tool to assist in what people were already doing.

I get it, I really do - the intention was to make what already goes on run more smoothly... but it has had the opposite effect. I can send a tell to anyone camping anything and they'll let me know who else is ahead of me and when they're done I'll get a tell. Nary an issue encountered for 50 levels at various different contested camps, whether for XP or loot, because when the vast majority of any list LOGS OFF THE GAME, nobody sits around holding the camp for their pals under the guise of diplomacy and white-knighting for some bogus spreadsheet on one of the top guilds' websites.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't want the GM's involved; quite the contrary actually; they shouldn't have to deal with complaints about this list once a week as they have been lately. I didn't petition, as you can see from my original post I exhausted every ounce of effort I could do resolve it among players, diplomatically and logically. Pretty much every other camp in the game works itself out, but this list is used as a "pat ourselves on the back" vehicle for those that set it up, and clearly it's more trouble than its worth for the creators, the GM's, and the end users. Thanks but no thanks.
This is why I was dismissive from get go. Perception painted with lack of information on realities of it.

Again:

Quote:
Blistig 07/28/2020
I have a strong interest in keeping it going because it's one of the very few player-driven agreements on any server that people actually respect
Working better than I anticipate and I pat the community on the back for that (or wherever they would like my pats)

Quote:
I get it, I really do - the intention was to make what already goes on run more smoothly... but it has had the opposite effect. I can send a tell to anyone camping anything and they'll let me know who else is ahead of me and when they're done I'll get a tell. Nary an issue encountered for 50 levels at various different contested camps, whether for XP or loot, because when the vast majority of any list LOGS OFF THE GAME, nobody sits around holding the camp for their pals under the guise of diplomacy and white-knighting for some bogus spreadsheet on one of the top guilds' websites.
Just not true. I hear of camp disputes all the time. Spend some time in LGuk. Feel free to share https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...vVt-3eWtM/edit, I only host it on the site because I feel like typing http://ac.kingdomdkp.com is easier.
Last edited by Cawin; 08-03-2020 at 12:48 PM..
Old 08-03-2020, 12:47 PM
Aviak

Regarding your Blistig quote - I love Blistig - he's been wonderful for the community just by existing and being as active as he is - but he can't be everywhere and know everything. If he thinks everyone respects this list, he's not paying enough attention to it.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not 50/50, not even close, so "let's not say" that. Medding is the vast majority of your total time spent, if quadding without clarity.

Since we've already debunked your completely arbitrary 50/50 theory, all of the above is completely immaterial. Moving on...

Jboots also scale increased movement speed as the user levels.

Everything you said here is unfounded, and you're grasping at straws because I destroyed your made-up argument. Please go away, you're embarrassing yourself.
You haven't refuted anything. If any time is spent moving at all SoW pots will level you more efficiently. Make up whatever% you like. If it's > 0 SoW pots are better. I think my argument was fairly clear. If you don't want to level as fast as possible just say so.

And also why are you unable to use your indoor clickies outdoors thus forcing you to also get outdoor only clickies?

And JBoots shouldn't scale past 35 so wrong again there

https://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.ht...74&source=Live
Last edited by Widan; 08-03-2020 at 12:55 PM..
Old 08-03-2020, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You haven't refuted anything. If any time is spent moving at all SoW pots will level you more efficiently. Make up whatever% you like. If it's > 0 SoW pots are better. I think my argument was fairly clear. If you don't want to level as fast as possible just say so.

And also why are you unable to use your indoor clickies outdoors thus forcing you to also get outdoor only clickies?
You're a troll, and you're muddying the waters of an argument because you lost. I refuted your ridiculous claim that a wizard spends an equal amount of time medding versus killing, and every point you made thereafter was based on that false premise.

Also, if your SoW fades while you're quadding 4 mobs in a tight circle on a 30x30 space and you don't have jboots, good luck refreshing that potion with a 4.0 second cast time. Raptors in TD anyone? You'd be done... just like this argument. See ya.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:02 PM
Aviak

I just realized I'm arguing game mechanics with someone who thought all raids were indoors. Sorry everyone, I'll ignore him now.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Fire Giant

It seems you dont know much about said game mechanics since you don't know what the effect on JBoots does or how much speed it gives.

OP bad at ever quest move to resolved.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:06 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys should just come to a player agreement that the player needs to be waiting there instead of just signing up for a list & not having to have a presence.
Old 08-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Orc

Widan is 100% correct JBoots never scale.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-03-2020, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

if I read the original post correctly then the O.P. got the camp he wanted and nearly his entire annoyance stems from voluntarily attempting to do a job he didn't have to do in the first place. Is the Ancient Cyclops camp on Green treated differently by GMs than other camps? I've never maintained somebody else's list in going on 11 years playing P99. Too much fuss to bother with that; lists suck for all the reasons the original poster seems to have recently discovered.

Danth
Closed Thread