Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-17-2022, 04:17 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eating bugs isn't so bad, depends on the bug. there's a long history of bug eating in many cultures.
Yes, because they are/were poor and/or oppressed. It's not like Cambodians WANTED to resort to eating tarantulas; Communist dictator Pol Pat starved them into it.

Quote:
"Tarantulas were therefore especially useful during the brutal reign of dictator Pol Pot in Cambodia from 1975 to 1979. Up to two million Cambodians are estimated to have died during those four years, reveals History, including many from starvation. Tarantulas were abundant in the country, so locals were forced to eat them as a consequence of increased famine. They were harvested by lighting fires to send them underground, from which they would later emerge and be caught once the flames had been extinguished
Quote:
there's still room to snack on the bugs as we burn the yachts.
Just like mask-wearing and experimental vax-taking - you do you, boo.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:50 PM
Banned

guess this dude's never heard of beondegi. or that certain forms of locusts have long been considered kosher. broad assumptions that display cultural ignorance.

feel free to try and tie everything you don't like to communism, it makes no difference. i didn't click your link. you can buy crickets to eat here in north georgia. they taste like toothpicks. is north georgia communist?

tell me what is objectively different about eating mammal, bird or fish flesh compared to bugs. objectively.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Banned

Lol did anyone actually read it? I mean I already know you probably didn't, rob admitted as much, but you probably should at least read something before formulating an opinion on it.

Hint: This piece is not saying that world hunger is good, nor is the OP.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
tell me what is objectively different about eating mammal, bird or fish flesh compared to bugs. objectively.
It's been tried.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2022, 05:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
The first three things taste much better to the vast majority of humans, thus increasing their quality of life. Preferences are subjective, but clear trends in reported opinions are certainly objective.

Why do lefties always seem to want everyone to be poor and miserable? Their solution to inequity isn't to raise everyone else up, it's usually to cut everyone else down. If we redistribute wealth globally so that every single human has the same amount, *everyone* will be poor and destitute. This is what you want?
Old 07-17-2022, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first three things taste much better to the vast majority of humans, thus increasing their quality of life. Preferences are subjective, but clear trends in reported opinions are certainly objective.

Why do lefties always seem to want everyone to be poor and miserable? Their solution to inequity isn't to raise everyone else up, it's usually to cut everyone else down. If we redistribute wealth globally so that every single human has the same amount, *everyone* will be poor and destitute. This is what you want?
They want us to eat acheta domesticus

Quote:
Table 2 shows that the highest cholesterol content was found in adult insects of Acheta domesticus (98.5 mg/100 g) and Gryllus bimaculatus (195 mg/100 g), while the lowest was in goose carcass (32.8 mg/100 g). The cholesterol content of insect larvae was similar to that of veal leg, pork shoulder, rabbit carcass, duck carcass, and turkey breast.

The nutritional value of a product can be determined by its nutritional density, which is measured by the nutritional quality index (INQ). The nutritional density of a product depends on its unique nutrient content and energy content. An INQ value of around 1.0 means that the product is well-balanced in terms of the component and energy content. A value below 1.0 indicates that the product does not provide the appropriate amount of nutrients. A value higher than 1.0 indicates that the product has a very high nutrient to energy content.
Also known as the crickets you feed to your pet iguana.

Fucking reptoids rule this world.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

The Georgia guide stones are just a prank, bro.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2022, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

which way western man, starvation wrought by your own actions or a plate of bugs
Old 07-17-2022, 05:59 PM
Banned

also, i'd argue it's capitalism that's going to cut us all down, make us all poor and miserable. it just takes longer because of unequal distribution of resources and mismanagement. we still end up eating bugs either way. i'm just trying to prepare you for the consequences of your actions. i'm trying to help. there's a good chance i won't even be alive to deal with this shit.

also, bugs aren't that bad. but admittedly i am one of those people who can eat almost anything and will try anything once.

besides, at this rate, it won't really be the bugs. a lot of them will go extinct too. i am allergic to cockroaches. it will be whether you can stomach human flesh. that's the glorious future capitalism guarantees you, western man.
Old 07-17-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

we are dying literally lock step book of revelations and you think capitalsm is to blame?