Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2020, 11:33 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back.

PS AC list 30 ppl long atm.
Shrug.. it's a long weekend for some and we can't drink with buddies and aren't supposed to go to the cottage. So for me I'm sitting here getting xp just fine at level 42 and talking on a forum.
Last edited by jerryR; 05-16-2020 at 11:36 AM..
Old 05-16-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back.

PS AC list 30 ppl long atm.
As usual with Turbo, his complaints revolve around popular camps/items being crowded lol

Also, the list may be long but at least there’s a list as opposed to specific people/persons holding down the camp on Blue in perpetuity and selling the MQs
Old 05-16-2020, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shrug.. it's a long weekend for some and we can't drink with buddies and aren't supposed to go to the cottage. So for me I'm sitting here getting xp just fine at level 42 and talking on a forum.
It's ok for me too. I'm not really an outdoor zone player.
Old 05-16-2020, 02:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryR [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It bring up the good point though. There is precedence for a list force function at AC along with having to leave the camp once you get the drop. If you are forced to list for AC, there is precendence.

Why is it ok for AC to have rules preventing a single person from monopolizing the loot and continuing to farm the drop over and over but it's not ok elsewhere?
Old 05-18-2020, 04:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default The grass was 'greener' on Teal

First let me assuage Turbo's fears towards anyone that doesn't have a gazillion posts -- this is my one and only account and I don't intend to troll, but I did find this thread interesting enough to decide to weigh in.

I find myself having a difficult time understanding CD288's position, as his view seems to only be to refute anything Turbo has to say against the splitting of servers without providing any value for keeping things combined.

JerryR, I enjoy your posts as they seem more nuanced and inquisitive without being antagonistic. I also appreciate Turbo's position, and like most who have expressed a view, either on this thread or by way of the server split poll, find myself preferring a split in the servers.

As a non-port class player who does like grouping, I often end up paying for ports to multiple zones before I'm able to find an interesting camp. I'm not as excited about pixels as I am about exploring the content - but to be honest, some content is better than others, which is why server populations tend to gather in a few zones. Since the server combine, I have found the amount of time I waste trying to move between zones and find a group has grown - both from the server merge and from the increasing number of level 50 players having to share a diminutive number of zones. Besides the time commitment, it becomes expensive to travel around looking for a camp. I'll start out hoping to find something in SolB, or LGuk, or Paw... having to travel to my second, third, or fourth choice has a not-insignificant financial impact -- being poor does feel pretty classic, though.

Simply put, I found fun places easier on Teal, and I haven't reaped many benefits from the merge. I would love to see the server split again, or at least hear some good arguments for why we should all stay together. If it is all GM logistics, I understand. Are there no player benefits to combined servers?
Old 05-18-2020, 04:35 PM
Fire Giant

Ill just be like some and give no reason. Bring back teal, just to troll those who want only green to protect their Plat horde, and afraid that double the pixels..

But for real "The essence of a role-playing game is that it is a group, cooperative experience." Gary Gygax. I won't judge those who enjoy solo play, but this is an MMORPG.

And my exp on Erollisi Marr(different for others), was very very very rare did we see solo players farming high end camps in classic.

We are trying to relive the classic exp, for me that is grouping and having fun, even when my group fails and wipes, dust yourself off laugh and enjoy the adventure. Sadly this game is 20 years old, and with Wiki power, players have the knowledge and technology(cable vs dial up), to be super efficient at EQ. (not judging).

Mainly why deny fun for others.. If there is a strong(almost 500 1/3 pop) who wants teal. Why be a jerk and hate on them for it, let them take their friends and go on adventures.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ill just be like some and give no reason. Bring back teal, just to troll those who want only green to protect their Plat horde, and afraid that double the pixels.
Except plat horders and loot farmers loved Teal because they could play on both at the same time and farm double the stuff. No one with a plat horde would think Teal was a bad thing, quite the contrary.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Fire Giant

Dbl the pixels means half the prices so let them farm double. ^-^[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-18-2020, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dbl the pixels means half the prices so let them farm double. ^-^[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You would think, but it doesn't seem to be the way things go on P99. Most of those farmers will then just become tunnel questers who don't need to go do anything else so they aren't motivated to sell quickly and cheaply in order to get out of the tunnel. That's why if you go sit in EC for multiple days you'll see people selling the same item for really high prices and refusing to come down...they aren't trying to get back to XPing so they're happy to wait because eventually someone will buy it. Not to mention that those tunnel questers own the bulk of the item in question in existence on the server so they can control what the market price is. This has been an ongoing issue on P99n since before Green.

Plus, then you have double the plat coming into circulation which also inflates the price. If what you're saying is what happens, we would've seen that on Blue with people farming items like crazy 24/7; we would've seen it on Green when Teal merged. But we didn't. Those items are all still going for, and selling at, absurd prices.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

I could understand the people not wanting another server if the population was low on Green, its not. People simply dont want another server open, because others do. There is nothing that would be harmed opening up another server for the players. Go if you want, stay if you don't.

Arguing against another server is simply arguing for no reason.

Don't open another server because twice as much loot? 99% of the loot will be worthless come Kunark and beyond, so that is not a good argument now that the /list items are gone.
Closed Thread