Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 08:16 PM
Banned

Default New to green server

Hey all, I love eq and I'm so glad to be back. Been having a great time leveling my necro - currently level 38. The only thing I noticed that kindve turned me off was players thinking they run the show. And they petition. And name drop and try to besmerch ur name. Ok what's up with these players. But I'll try and just steer clear they will wear themselves out
Old 06-19-2020, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to Norrath! Just like any game where there's a bunch of players and limited resources (mobs to kill, coveted loot, etc.), there's rules and etiquette to help try to keep everyone on the same page, kind of like the old Play Nice Policy you probably remember from Live -- if you haven't already, check out P99's rules/etiquette as soon as Loramin swings by to welcome you and link the applicable pages in the wiki! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you already have read the rules and you find other players not abiding by them, please understand there are always a few bad eggs and please do not judge the rest of the community based on your experiences with them as you fill out that /petition!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 06-19-2020, 09:02 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-19-2020, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you already have read the rules and you find other players not abiding by them, please understand there are always a few bad eggs and please do not judge the rest of the community based on your experiences with them as you fill out that /petition!
Around half the time the bad eggs aren't really bad, they just look bad because of your point of view. On green I've twice had to admit to the GM responding to a petition filed in anger that I and the person I had petitioned decided to be adults and resolve the issue ourselves in the meanwhile. :shrug:

Some players will turn one bad experience into a whole string of problems because they assume that any person with <Xxxx> guildtag must be a jerk because they got angry at one person with <Xxxx> guildtag this one time so they're just gonna be a rude-assed punk everytime they see <Xxxx> guildtag.

Also, some people lack a sense of humor.

If you yourself are reasonably cool about things it'll mostly work out well for you, people who are pretty chill get noticed as such over time.

I hope you enjoy your stay at p99!
Old 06-20-2020, 12:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriansnore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
players thinking they run the show. And they petition. And name drop and try to besmerch ur name.
Thing is back in the day the playerbase was much younger, with a lot of entry-level jobs. Peons might get excitable, but they don't give orders and they don't have any experience using authority. Now the playerbase here skews much older, so you're running into a lot of middle-management types who got their scars fighting in the corporate wars. Some frustrated project managers who want to make sure your play style pleases all the stakeholders and then they go running to the C-suite and spread a bunch of lies about you.

Don't worry about them. Play a good guy game and be friendly and those guys will just fade away. There's so many good and worthwhile people on this server, don't let some petitioning bureaucrat elf-lawyers spoil it for you.
Old 06-20-2020, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

Also remember that its difficult to like this game this much and not be insane! Be patient with us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-20-2020, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also remember that its difficult to like this game this much and not be insane! Be patient with us [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 06-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome back to Norrath! Just like any game where there's a bunch of players and limited resources (mobs to kill, coveted loot, etc.), there's rules and etiquette to help try to keep everyone on the same page, kind of like the old Play Nice Policy you probably remember from Live -- if you haven't already, check out P99's rules/etiquette as soon as Loramin swings by to welcome you and link the applicable pages in the wiki! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sounds like OP is actually doing the reverse of your second paragraph and is complaining about BEING petitioned because he’s not following the rules. Sounds like another one of the “P99 should have no rules and I should be able to do whatever I want” forum trolls
Old 06-21-2020, 09:16 PM
Planar Protector

Welcome back OP. As some have suggested, just try and ignore the bad apples that have issues outside of the game that they bring with them...most players are good people.
Old 06-22-2020, 02:59 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah not knowing your side of story I will say this
First Welcome back to EQ.(I myself came back to EQ via P99 1 month b4 green)
Second P99 has PnP rules, which we must follow, generally don't be a dick
3rd Sadly some are just bat shit crazy. That think everyone should abide by them. Thankfully the server is in decline of player base so hopefully you see this less. Though with Kunark or Sky I am sure server will perk back up. But yeah just /ignore them its the easiest way. Hell I just had some lowbie whine to me that I a solo 24 wizzy started killing mobs from MM entrance and towards GY. 1 Mob every 3-4 ? Mins and he wouldn't stop crying how I was Killing stealing his pond group, about how he wanted to train me for it.... /ignore <3
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Closed Thread