Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2020, 01:18 AM
Sarnak

Default Just started back and already dont know how to feel

When green started I got my ogre warrior to level 10 and managed to grind lizardmen for enough pp to buy a full set of banded armor and grabbed some some fine steel 1h weapons from a player killing ogre guards. I took a long break to focus on irl stuff. Recently I got the itch to come back and coming back my wife and I grinded on dervs, deathfists and crocs when we could find a group and 2 manned spiders and scarabs in Ro. The typical things you do. This time was different though. I felt like I've done all this. Walking through the tunnel I was watching the auction channel and it made me depressed. I will never afford this stuff. It just beat down my sense of self worth. Got in a group with some players who were not twinked to the point of being invincible but were dealing twice my damage and took hits like a truck. This made me feel even more depressed. While I am excited to get to level 13 for duel wield grinding felt like a chore. Nothing was interesting. I hope I'm not burned out on this game. I'm not sure what to do. I want to play but everything makes me sigh and not want to. I just watch the time fly by thinking about how I have to work tomorrow, or how there are things in irl I should be doing. The game feels like a daunting hopeless endeavor. Idk, I think there isnt really an answer for this I just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks for coming to my Ted talk.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:06 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Log off. Come back if and when it’s what you want.
Old 07-06-2020, 02:47 AM
Orc

Trust me man, once you hit like 28+ everything almost drops fine steel which sells for 5pp. Its not difficult at all getting plat, and join a guild they will help you out 100%.
Old 07-06-2020, 03:13 AM
Planar Protector

Is your wife still playing with you? Together you can probably duo some decent cash camps ^^
Old 07-06-2020, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, those first levels are rough. People have gear now that the server has been around for 8 months, but the first wave was just a bunch of homeless people in rags beating orcs with sticks. If you enjoy the game, stick it out and you'll get there eventually. Better yet, browse the wiki a bit and look up some early-game quests for weapon/armor upgrades to give you a goal and boost your gear a bit at the same time!
Old 07-06-2020, 03:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your wife still playing with you? Together you can probably duo some decent cash camps ^^
For sure. in the low teens I'm sure you can duo the sisters camp in lfay for some decent cash (they drop bronze weapons). Ogres can vendor at the steamfont druid rings too.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:13 AM
Planar Protector

Stop trying to buck the path of least resistance and shelf the warrior. Play a necro or a druid or a mage or a chanter. Get to 50, make money then make a melee.

All things in this game are attainable with time and determination. If you are lacking in one or both then maybe its not what you really want to do after all.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you are looking for a low effort yet high reward game/class. EQ/warrior are neither.

And ted talks are informative. This is not.
Old 07-06-2020, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

You and the wife should reroll Gnome Bertox or Brell Serillis worshippers.

Enchanter, Cleric - Warrior, Cleric - Necromancer, Cleric - Magician, Magician etc.

Hard to stay grumpy and lumpy when your booty is wiggling and your arms pumping like a Kenyan runner even though you've got a beer belly and are born "naked" in fisherman overalls.

Start retired, start gnome, always feel at home!
Old 07-06-2020, 08:08 AM
Sarnak

I'd definitely reconsider your class selection if you're wanting more out of this game. My IRL friend rolled a warrior and I've been setting him up with gear as a shaman, now 45, by taking advantage of my ability to root/rot to kill anything, farm HG's, quest Crafted and Hero Bracers, etc. He's in his mid-30's now but still broke as a joke because he doesn't have access to cash camps other than FS drops in groups. Even at 40, when I was able to hold down a Hill Giant spawn in RM, he will not be able to do the same.

If the EC tunnel makes you feel depressed, you need a change of class, friend. I'd advise switching before you sink more time into your Warrior. If EQ itself is making you depressed, then I would advise another break from the game. It will always be here but time with your family and kids won't.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Closed Thread