Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2020, 03:24 PM
Skeleton

Default TLP live server better than green p99

I'm a die hard non-lucin model, hating new zones graphics guy who hasn't been on a live server since 2005 and been here on blue since launch. Just started on Mangler TLP server thinking about trying the new TLP and it's just 1000% more enjoyable at this point.

Just some random shit I've picked up the last few days they have done for QoL which I'm sure a lot of people already know, none of this stuff is new.

- loot window I hated the idea, didn't really understand it and now it's the most awesome thing ever. Cuts out all the bullshit with looting. Zone wide and completely stress free
- skills, no more having to grind up all the skills because a year later you have a great 2hb raid drop. They are accelerated if your using it and the skill is low.
- instanced zones and raiding. Started to think do I really give a shit if bob or that same zerg clan has so-and-so neckbeard camp locked down as long as I get my drop? With 1k people on Sunday morning on green? No
-true boxing or 1 account per PC. Let's all be real, at least 50% of green and 75% of blue in EC and druids porting is people 2 boxing. I could probably head down to Befallen and find a lvl 50 "just there" AFK magically spot healing. At this point I would just rather have a full group or box something so we can play the content.

Edit- forgot to add the players are hands down less toxic because you can switch zones at a moment's notice. I logged on for 2 mins this morning on green to somebody fighting for the gnolls outside splitpaw. Because that makes sense.

Highly suggest people check it out
Last edited by Megalodon; 05-10-2020 at 03:34 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 03:47 PM
Banned

Pass, all new servers are dumbed down and too easy for idiots

basically you
Old 05-10-2020, 04:06 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsham [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass, all new servers are dumbed down and too easy for idiots

basically you
Lol thanks for underlining my point 2020 account!
Old 05-10-2020, 04:22 PM
Banned

he's right. still never leveld to 60 on one of these servers. see you on aradune. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

TLP is far less classic than P99, I'll stick with P99,
people should support live EQ also!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:26 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLP is far less classic than P99, I'll stick with P99,
people should support live EQ also!
The TLP's vs p99 on who is closer to "classic" is almost a push at this point when it comes to things affecting important game play.

Zone ZEM- p99 has custom vs Live TLP has none like classic was.

Starter quests and XP- p99 has custom vs Live has zilch starter quests (nerfed) (push)

Recharging- p99 has it, Live TLP does not

Raid targets- p99 has rooted targets FFS and some Arbitrarily but highly enforced raid system depending who's the favorite vs Live has instanced. Both not classic but take a guess which is probably better.

XP gain- I'm telling ya now, 1 through 17 I think p99 is faster. I'm going to chk numbers but there is something up.

Edit (another huge one) p99 has combat bind wounds (greater than a fungi hotbutton) vs Live it doesn't work

Edit2 (a huge one) p99 has nonsensical "camps" heavily enforced completely against what classic was vs Live has the put on your big boy pants classic version because instanced is numbers based and you still have to hold the camp

Just some of the things off the top of my head. It's closer than people think I'm guessing.
Last edited by Megalodon; 05-10-2020 at 06:34 PM..
Old 05-10-2020, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

I think so too. There's a lot of good in the live TLPs
Old 05-10-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Have fun, OP. Stop back in sometime and let us know how its going for you.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:27 PM
Banned

begone elf thot
Old 05-10-2020, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

1 really cool thing about Live is that Savarixsa Zaxun scowls threateningly at my half elf rogue who worships Erollisi. But doesn't attack. And is a non-combatant. So I walked up to her and said, 'I am devoted to innoruuk'.

This means I am going to be getting in good with the Dork elfs. Especially once I get a mask. The turn in NPC is also a 'non-combatant'. I already have my letter of recommendation.

Time to heal the wounds between Neriak and the half-elves, such as myself. I even have a progress bar to help me chart my progress!
Closed Thread