Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticflava [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wouldnt you be the noob for placing things into a trade window with nothing on the other side, then hitting accept?
It's not the 200pp dude I'm really not trippin about it, he hooked me up with so many belts for cheap then he was asking me for a money front, I said fine whatever it's really a drop in the bucket.

Turns out that those "characters" usually end up getting their levels and becoming real "characters." I have no problems hooking up nubs but some people are just grimey/shistey. Apparently our friend Smashew is one of them lol

<The A-Team>
Old 06-28-2020, 06:00 AM
Banned

Bump
Old 06-28-2020, 05:54 PM
Banned

The guy told me he was a police officer from the Long Island area, and ended up being so obnoxious that when someone asked me to replace them in BNB... I showed up and saw him and immediately cast Gate before they even got a chance to invite me.

Have had him and his alt Rashanir on ignore for a long second now. Someone invited him to our group recently and I didn’t notice before it was too late. I stayed professional and did my job, but noticed that he quickly pissed off everyone in our group. I could tell by the one-sided conversation (since he was ignored). He was basically refusing to turn off split and we had a Monk puller, and the mere request apparently upset him so much that he felt he need to spam loot everything with split turned on.

The irony being that no one actually needed his shitty Druid and accepting him into the group was an act of charity and he still chose to show his ass. I highly doubt this dude is a police officer despite showing all the signs of a textbook sociopath.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

He’s probably either under the misconception that auto-split divides the treasure fairly?
Old 06-29-2020, 04:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He’s probably either under the misconception that auto-split divides the treasure fairly?
Doubtful. He’s a self proclaimed expert at the game who has been playing for the last 20 years while the rest of us were out going to college, meeting women and having careers.

My first encounter with him was him raging at our Enchanter for sitting in the “wrong” spot after the same Enchanter and I had been duo’ing the same camp for literally days and had no problems. Then he started on-demand shouting for Clarity while our Enchanter was literally dying and trying to CC something that could kill the entire group. I had to beg the Enchanter to stay because I was so close to leveling. The enchanter and I still make fun of the guy to this very day.

This was just the tip of the iceberg.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:43 AM
Banned

Not to mention that the guy basically 2-boxes. Rashanir is his “friend,” but I’ve only ever seen Smashew playing him. While both are online at the same time.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to mention that the guy basically 2-boxes. Rashanir is his “friend,” but I’ve only ever seen Smashew playing him. While both are online at the same time.
Petition that if you're fairly sure.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:55 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was basically refusing to turn off split and we had a Monk puller, and the mere request apparently upset him so much that he felt he need to spam loot everything with split turned on.
OT question for learning purpose since I mostly solo, when in group, should split be turned off always or based on circumstances? What about duo, trio. If I understand correctly, split turned on is a problem, because players can't see more important text?

So, should it always be turned off in the group or what is best course of action. Always ask what group wants about autosplit? Any other questions someone should ask to clarify when joining the group?
Old 06-29-2020, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Split should be off when grouped because it splits coin unfairly. It doesn't break the coin into smaller denominations. Rather, it goes in order of PP > GP > SP > CP. So if there's 4 of you and a mob drops 3pp, 8gp, 14 sp, 0cp the looter will get 3pp 2gp 4sp, and the rest each get 2gp 3sp (just an example - my math could be wrong).

-Mcoy
Old 06-29-2020, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Split should be turned off the first time you load the game and left off forever.
Closed Thread