Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 03:39 AM
Kobold

two. But I wouldn't consider me having a main or an alt. I like all of them, some I play more. I leveled wizard straight to 45 without any other chars playing, but atm I'm a bit burned out on him. Check signature. I'm not rolling any new characters before Kunark I think. Iksar SK is big on nostalgia for me.
<Aanelenye> lvl 43 Paladin
<Vaalyun> lvl 48 Wizard
Blue chars: retired

Last edited by Exard3k; 06-24-2020 at 03:56 AM..
Old 06-24-2020, 04:15 AM
Planar Protector

Having alts is a great way to play. In terms of sitting LFG at a zone line for an hour or more sometimes, wouldn't it be great to have another character you want to group with that's ready to go in case of that happening?

With Kunark I had characters parked in Oasis, MM, CoM or Sebilis... so if there was no slots available in some there were always alternatives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2020, 04:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having alts is a great way to play. In terms of sitting LFG at a zone line for an hour or more sometimes, wouldn't it be great to have another character you want to group with that's ready to go in case of that happening?

With Kunark I had characters parked in Oasis, MM, CoM or Sebilis... so if there was no slots available in some there were always alternatives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is a big motivator for me as well. As a fairly casual player, I often can't play for long stretches. So joining a list and waiting 2 hours to get in at the ideal camp isn't really a good choice for me. So I LFG somewhere for 5ish mins. If prospects don't look good, I try the next character. And I always have a solo-capable character that I can play for the times I can't find any groups at all and don't want to waste my xp session.
Old 06-24-2020, 06:41 AM
Fire Giant

50 SK main (Probably top geard SK on server)
48 Monk (by 46 has been pretty much BiS gear including cloak from inny[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
46 Cleric (Fully geared pre planar minus GEBS)
35 druid(EC geared) Mainly a port bot (does minus PL on), one day will get to 49 just to help PL faster. Usually use SK or now Monk to PL
26 Wizzy (Twinked with pre planar BiS minus including Phinny staff, Missing GEBS, and shoulder)
21 Warrior (Twinked including haste items, Rubi, Skarlon Sword, Mithiril gear BiS preplanar, has dragon loot as well[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )

Currently Leveling Wizzy as my focus to have an actual DPS toon, Monk is decent dps, but really want a nice range dps, plus ports is amazing to have.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 06-24-2020, 08:27 AM
Sarnak

Noob here. Total 5 characters on two servers. Didn't know which server to choose and which class to play. Now I play them all. I may start favoring some characters in a time. They are all low level now, highest 22.

But sometimes it helps having more than one toon at different levels. You want to farm CB but it is too busy. You switch to another toon who spawns at shraloc bags. But it is already camped. You switch to another toon which spawns at sisters bandits camp in LF.... Camp camped? OK lets load another toon that is looting Craig Spiders... Much more choices that way, and since I'm in no rush for higher levels, since I enjoy the journey itself...

About two servers. You are waiting on boat? Fire up another computer, load toon from another server, not boring any more [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Aviak

Necro main + baby Cleric, SK, Druid, Wiz and Chanter. Necro is the only one over level 10.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:53 PM
Kobold

Thank you all for the replies. Seems like for the most part, people like to jump around between classes from time to time. Good to know I'm not the only one!

It's a weird game. Sometimes I just have the urge to try something else, but often I kind of wish I had some "holy grail" class that keeps me engrossed at the exclusion of other ones. That way I can say I really identify with a single class, but whatever
Old 06-25-2020, 09:38 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... but often I kind of wish I had some "holy grail" class that keeps me engrossed at the exclusion of other ones. That way I can say I really identify with a single class, but whatever

I felt that way about the Rogue class when I started EQ in '99.. it was a carryover from my table-top RPG days and the rogue I played in that I'm sure, but still that was me.

Retired in Omens and still to this day only level 67 lol
Old 06-25-2020, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

on blue I have 7 60's and 2 52's
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 06-25-2020, 09:44 PM
Sarnak

I have a 30 mage, 15 cleric, 10 warrior, 10 sk, 9 bard, 12 paladin on green.

Two full accounts on blue. Mage, monk, sk, rogue, cleric, druid, chanter, bard, paladin.
Closed Thread