Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2020, 05:55 PM
Banned

Talking What happens if someone has to afk or leave in a middle of a raid?

I plan to do raiding someday because I never did raiding on p99 but did a bit on live servers. I had a lot of time back then since I was just a student (still in high school).
Now I am a bit older and have a job so I don't have the time to play as much as I did when I was younger.

How long are raids usually? I usually play on weekends each up to 4-5 hours. I do not play on the weekdays because I am too busy with other things in life. Currently I am leveling a cleric, druid, and rogue. I hope to get them to lv 46 soon so I can start raiding. I don't really have much experience with raiding though. So i'm not sure people would like a person in their raid who isn't experienced.

Thanks all!
TLDR: how long are raids usually? What happens if someone has to afk or leave in a middle of a raid?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-02-2020, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

join raid with 300 people

afk for 16 hours

wake up do 50 dmg to dragon

log out
Old 07-02-2020, 06:12 PM
Banned

damn is that really what it is? =(
Old 07-02-2020, 06:52 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes you try real hard and do no damage lol
Old 07-02-2020, 07:39 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TLDR: how long are raids usually? What happens if someone has to afk or leave in a middle of a raid?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So this really depends on what content you are raiding. I've recorded a Lord Nagafen encounter where he spawned and was killed in less than ten minutes. That sounds super convenient, but there is more to it. A dragon spawn like that spawns once every 7 days, but with an eight (EIGHT!!!!) hour of variance on either side. So for example. We slew Lord Nagafen at Noon EST on a Friday. That means he is due to spawn again 7 days from then. So his next spawn day is next Friday. However... there is that pesky variance to factor in. So next Friday rolls around and Lord Nagafen could pop anytime between 4am EST and 8pm EST that day. This is called the "window". Lord Nagafen is a mob with a 16 hour window.

That isn't too terrible at a glance. So that must mean you just have someone in zone from your guild to keep an eye for his spawn and then we all port over to kill him? So very wrong. Why? Because your guild is competing against others for that same target. You must have a.) A very competent team called the "FTE" team or b.) An entire raid force fully buffed and sitting at the SolB zone in. For that ENTIRE 16 hour window there are multiple guilds sitting at the zone in waiting for the dragon to spawn, and only the FIRST guild that hits the dragon when he spawns has the rights to the loot. Assuming they kill it and don't wipe.

Now if sitting around for 16 hours on a Friday doesn't sound like enough fun for you. There are now multiple big raid targets that also have their own spawn time and their own variance. I will call these targets "dragons" though they not all dragons, like Cazic-Thule or Innorruuk. So I believe there are 5 big raid targets with the 16 hours variance right now. Due to the variance the dragon windows can span multiple days! Generally when it's getting real bad, like your entire server's raid forces are having to poopsock (a term used for the raid forces that have to sit, prepared, at the zone ins to be ready to engage a dragon pop at any moment) the P1999 devs will have mercy and cause what is called a Quake. The earthquake causes all big dragons to spawn all at once. Now all these raid guilds scramble to kill them all before the other guilds kill them all. Those are super fun because there isn't any poopsocking. You just rush from dragon to dragon and slay them. Now the dragons are in the same window for the next week. Guilds will generally get all dragons dead within an hour on a quake day.

If that sounds like fun to you, then Green 1999 raiding might be your scene! I think many have been doing this for about 8 months now are getting worn out. Lots of people taking breaks and such. But that is healthy, they come back for next content patches.

Now, if you'd like to start some controversy you should ask what rotations are and whether they are healthy for a raiding community!
Last edited by Meiva; 07-02-2020 at 07:48 PM..
Old 07-02-2020, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

I've been thinking/wondering the same thing lately! I raided a bit on Live and remember breaking to take lunch, lol. I looked around on YouTube a bit and found a video of a TOV raid video...it was 6 hours long!

I also chatted briefly with someone exiting a posky raid. They mentioned it was a short one, "only" 3 hours long!

Based on this, I got the impression that raiding on p99 cam be very time intensive.
Old 07-02-2020, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Just do like I do and go afk during the raid without using /afk. Use a macro hotkey like:

/pause 60000;/gu Wow, did anyone see that?!?!
/pause 60000;/gu Are we earning DKP for this?
/pause 60000;/gu Toss me some buffs please!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 07-02-2020, 09:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just do like I do and go afk during the raid without using /afk. Use a macro hotkey like:

LMAO!!!
Old 07-02-2020, 10:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This is genius, hahaha
Old 07-02-2020, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Wow, did anyone see that?!?!
Closed Thread