Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 05:17 PM
Sarnak

Thumbs down

First they make you wear a mask.

Then they ban boxing in eq.

Finally they make you get a job.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 07-05-2020, 01:58 AM
Fire Giant

pro troll by jauna here, bravo
Old 07-05-2020, 02:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pro troll by jauna here, bravo
Apparently I dont even need to try anymore. What was the troll?
Old 07-05-2020, 03:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing for sure ain't enforced on Green, hehe. Like if I became a GM I could instantly ban at least a dozen 2-boxers instantly.

Ain't no GMs are oblivious to that shit. I would wage 75% of the CLR/ENC duos at level 50 are boxed. Especially in Lower Guk.
Yeah I would agree that its probably more prevalent than people think. I was in a group the other day where someone said they were leveling the Cleric character so they have a free Rez whenever they want it. When someone in the group asked how they’d do that without boxing the Cleric claimed they’d just have a friend or guildy log into the account to do it.

I don’t know that constant real time boxing is super prevalent, but I would bet good money that there are tons of people with rez or buff bots that just log in to buff/rez their other char and then log out again because that’s virtually impossible to prevent.

That said, I think the staff do the best they can to prevent boxing with the limited resources and time that they have to dedicate to the server. They definitely aren’t purposefully looking the other way on it.
Old 07-05-2020, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Boxing still happens on blue https://youtu.be/vWz1SzGO3no
Old 07-05-2020, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Boxing still happens on blue https://youtu.be/vWz1SzGO3no
Good thing you posted it here so that the person now has a heads up they’re on the radar and so they won’t box and get caught now. You just did them a solid
Old 07-05-2020, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good thing you posted it here so that the person now has a heads up they’re on the radar and so they won’t box and get caught now. You just did them a solid
Thanks!
Old 07-06-2020, 01:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2-boxing for sure ain't enforced on Green, hehe. Like if I became a GM I could instantly ban at least a dozen 2-boxers instantly.

Ain't no GMs are oblivious to that shit. I would wage 75% of the CLR/ENC duos at level 50 are boxed. Especially in Lower Guk.
Don't you think it would be more fun to let them progress a bit, so they are more attached to those chars before you get the dopamine release from banning them? It's not like the data goes away. I think you underestimate galach.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Closed Thread