Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 12:28 PM
Fire Giant

Default Disallow character sales and trades

One thing that shocked me when first visiting these forums and going to the EC tunnel section, was seeing player characters and accounts up for sale and trade. I'm talking about for in game curency, or swaping accounts here, I know RMT is not allowed already.

I think this is a net negative to the community. It allows:

-people with bad reputation to sell or trade for another account, or even just claim to be a "new owner" with a good/new reputation.

-hurts the low and mid level grouping game, as people who want certain alts just buy them instead of rolling a new toon and grouping up through the levels. This hurts new players even more because instead of grouping with the vets and their twinks leveling up, those vets are just jumping on other peoples leveled characters

-goes against the classic spirit of the game, where someones account was for them to play on only and could not legally be transfered, sold, etc to another owner

-people will burn out or lose interest in the server faster if they are just buying level 60 toons to toy with instead of leveling up their own alts. They will also have ALOT less attachment to characters they buy, then ones they create/name/level themselves. I.E. its bad for the player buying new accounts and toons, too.

I'm sure there are other reasons why its just a bad idea and I suggest putting an end to it. Its just not in the spirit of old school MMOing at all.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know RMT is now allowed already.
wut?

Blue
: Seniksin | Jarshale
Red: Sieg | Cazissa
Old 10-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know RMT is now allowed already.
did I miss the memo on that? if so ektar's value probably halved [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

typo, already corrected
Old 10-23-2011, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

My bad. Anyway, this has been pointed out over and over but I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

Blue
Old 10-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Fire Giant

Maybe the release of the fresh/clean new red99 server, and Veeshan's Peak with its new no drop gear (and we are still in the pre epic era) is a good time to put a stop to this.

Its gonna be sad when toons w/epics start to be sold, talk about taking away the journey.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Maybe the release of the fresh/clean new red99 server, and Veeshan's Peak with its new no drop gear (and we are still in the pre epic era) is a good time to put a stop to this.

Its gonna be sad when toons w/epics start to be sold, talk about taking away the journey.
if it means some people will keep playing on a diff toon rather then quit than its fine with me.. who cares ? Its a way to keep the game fresh for people
Old 10-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

Except in practice the opposite happens. How long would you play EQ or keep a subscription if you could just create max level characters every time you log in?

Same concept.

Selling/buying toons takes away the journey
Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Does it really take away the journey if it takes a while to save up the plat for characters? You still have to play the game

edit: DING sarnak

Blue
Old 10-23-2011, 12:58 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarshale [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does it really take away the journey if it takes a while to save up the plat for characters? You still have to play the game

edit: DING sarnak

No, because you just have to do the journy once, and then you trade your guy for another 60, do that X how ever many classes you want to tinker with at 60 and then quit.

Same deal if you are useing plat, just need the inital pile of money that you then push around as you buy/sell your way though the classes.
Closed Thread