Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 05:15 PM
Large Bat

Default Newbie equipment and a Thank You

Starting out as an (at the time) level 8 bard, I had some money saved from Qeynos quests and made the journey to the EC tunnel to look for some entry level gear.

I have found there are some very helpful and generous players on p1999. As I auctioned for a weapon, I had a high-level Enchanter just give me a Crystalline Spider Fang! Going form a cracked staff to that was a world of difference and enabled me to move to operation Wisp Murder in Q. Hills.

His character name was Arcayne (or some variation thereof) so if you are out there, thank you again!

My question is this, though: have others out there found the cheaper newbie gear tough to find? I have taken a look at Ravager's 1k Twink Guide on the wiki and done some looking for the items on there, but they seem sparse in EC. I saw Golden Jaded Bracelets on sale one time and wish I'd been able to snatch them up, because I haven't seen one since. I also struck out completely on banded armor until I happened across some on a merchant in Fireprides; someone had obviously been smithing and selling it to the vendor.

Is it just a matter of checking periodically? Or are most folks more focused on higher level gear due to the age of the server?
Old 12-28-2016, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

I need to update that guide. It's from before Velious and there's more options available, especially since Velious has been out for a while now.

I haven't been in EC in a while, so I don't know the market as well as I used to in terms of best gear for the plat ratios. Maybe in January I'll do some research and bring it up to date.

As far as finding the lower end gear, it's been my experience that if you know specifically what you want, you can just put a list in the EC forum or just spam /auc in EC or everywhere you go and someone will eventually contact you about it. A lot of times the lower end gear is just sitting in the bank or on an alt.
Old 12-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Large Bat

Hey, I really appreciate you putting that guide together! Out of date or no, it's good to have a starting point as to what to look for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as finding the lower end gear, it's been my experience that if you know specifically what you want, you can just put a list in the EC forum or just spam /auc in EC or everywhere you go and someone will eventually contact you about it. A lot of times the lower end gear is just sitting in the bank or on an alt.
That makes sense. I considered posting on the EC forum; next time I'm going to be out there I'll give that a try.
Old 12-30-2016, 04:52 PM
Sarnak

The best thing to possibly use is the delete button
Old 12-31-2016, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

You're welcome Weasel. If you need any additional help with anything and I'm online and available, feel free to contact me.
Old 12-31-2016, 01:15 PM
Fire Giant

What level are you now?
Old 12-31-2016, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Send me a tell in game Amyas
Old 12-31-2016, 01:47 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirban [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best thing to possibly use is the delete button
I look at that button each day and think, it would probably be for the best... But then, it's winter, the weather sucks, and the Red Wings are terrible this year. So if stabbing imaginary elf bandits gets me through the holidays with my wife's family, I'm taking the elf pixels every time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyas
What level are you now?
I'm up to 14 now, going the Qeynos route and hunting bandits in WK is proving to be a LOT of fun. I think the Karanas are proving more accessible with bard warp speed always available.

Also on the original point about gear, I saw a Flowing Black Robe, most of the jewelry items mentioned in Ravager's guide, the Wraith hammer, and a couple other cheap necro things available last night. So I think the gear is there, just takes a little looking.

Thanks all!
Closed Thread