Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2020, 07:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait, what does this have to do with religion? Are you suggesting that bad people are not religious, and good people are? I'm not sure I follow you otherwise.

If we find our way into a Trek-like future, it certainly won't be credited to silly devotions to archaic texts and mysticism.

1st para:
False. Science has proven many times over that religion is logical.

Religion increases social trust, among other things:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4971023/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...14292116300605

(note how the negatives of religion are almost all negative actions towards 'outsiders' which is actually a positive in practical terms)

the importance of social trust:
https://www.russellsage.org/publicat...rust-society-0

https://www.amazon.com/Darwins-Cathe.../dp/0226901351

2nd para:
also false, and doubly so- the future won't be Trek and it will be due to archaic texts and mysticisms-
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

===

Personally, my favorite ST is Voyager due to it's gritty, anti-PC realism. They finally put a woman in charge and what does she do? Gets them lost for 8 seasons, never admitting its her fault for getting them lost and never being practical when opportunities to get home regularly occurred.

Seriously (?) though, my favorite ST episodes are the ones from the last season of ST: Enterprise where they go into a mirror universe. I loved how it meshed w/ the original ST episodes, and especially loved the window into a much more badass world than the namby-pamby pearl-clutchers of the Federation. Perhaps someday Trump and Putin will be able to unite the 2 halves of the world that each will soon possess into 1 through a marriage between Barron and a Putin granddaughter. When their line is united in a Child who sits upon the Golden Throne shall we then venture boldly into space. Not as cringeing explorers, but as triumphant conquerors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h67JpMyrOVE
Old 02-06-2020, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Shut up Teppler.
Old 02-16-2020, 04:44 AM
Planar Protector

The Picard series is moving at such a slow pace, its like watching paint dry.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have really been enjoying this series. Glad that Star Trek has gone back to it's roots. Discovery is a fun show as well, but it doesn't feel like star trek to me. I always loved the prime timeline and glad we are going forward for the first time in a long time.

Season 2 has already been ordered, but I am wondering how long the series could possibly go with Patrick Stewart getting up there age wise.
https://youtu.be/hfQdf93e63I

Haven't watched it yet. As a die hard trek fan, the Expanse has destroyed Star Trek for me. It's like some Libertarian fan flick to me now because the Expanse is exactly how it would be. Humans will never get under one fkag
Old 02-17-2020, 01:55 AM
Planar Protector

Almost done with season 7 of DS9 now, rewatched most of TNG also. There are about 100x more episodes in both series that have the cast going back in time to some 40s or 50s era Earth than I ever remembered, the creators really were obsessed with this time period.

RIP Dax
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 AM
Sarnak

I enjoyed Deep Space Nine.

But it was always in the shadow of the superior show: Babylon 5.
Old 02-17-2020, 03:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Almost done with season 7 of DS9 now, rewatched most of TNG also. There are about 100x more episodes in both series that have the cast going back in time to some 40s or 50s era Earth than I ever remembered, the creators really were obsessed with this time period.

RIP Dax
Best part of DS9 for me is the ferengi and Odo vs Quark. Didn't care much for the Kai or Garak's character progression, or Dumar, or half the cast actually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you seen the episode yet with Worf's son Alexander as a clumsy teenager? There was so much potential there.
Old 02-17-2020, 04:01 PM
Server GM

I'm loving the series so far. We have seen enough episodic adventures of Picard. This feels like the last adventure.

I'm guessing the twin is actually some sort of borg evolution that the borg learned to make after taking control of data. That would make sense why they are on a borg cube and why 7 of 9 is involved.

When they become "aware" that they are synthetic life, they go into kill mode & try to return to the hive.
Last edited by galach; 02-17-2020 at 04:08 PM..
Old 02-17-2020, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn7UNU9r51I
Old 02-17-2020, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best part of DS9 for me is the ferengi and Odo vs Quark. Didn't care much for the Kai or Garak's character progression, or Dumar, or half the cast actually [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have you seen the episode yet with Worf's son Alexander as a clumsy teenager? There was so much potential there.
Quark is the best actor on the show by a landslide, or at least he fits his part better than anyone else. Odo vs Quark is better at the beginning of the series, they start really pushing for Quark to be seen as a "good guy". Half of the scenes with Dr. Bashir are nearly unwatchable due to his poor acting. I dig Garak but his storyline isn't that great, and yes Worf's clumsy idiot son is a funny contrast to Worf himself. Kira so hot, want to touch the hiney. I have mixed feelings on Cisco... But I would agree the heavy Ferangi element is the best part of DS9.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread