Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 03:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like what you did here. And I will be the first to admit that I had a personal problem with EverQuest, and part of getting over my own addiction is satisfying it by keeping up with the happenings on the forums. I apologize that I triggered you, obviously, but maybe you need some self reflection of your own. I face my demons ever day and overcome them, maybe you should go upstairs and ask mommy for some more lasagna.
MA!! MEATLOAF!!!

FUCK
Old 02-21-2020, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltjig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like what you did here. And I will be the first to admit that I had a personal problem with EverQuest, and part of getting over my own addiction is satisfying it by keeping up with the happenings on the forums. I apologize that I triggered you, obviously, but maybe you need some self reflection of your own. I face my demons ever day and overcome them, maybe you should go upstairs and ask mommy for some more lasagna.
I don't think anyone needs self reflection to realize it's a pretty asinine thing to come on a forum and tell other people they have issues lol
Old 02-21-2020, 10:48 PM
Planar Protector

Two simple words: Disability Benefits
Old 02-21-2020, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Two simple words: Disability Benefits
Lol.

I get the addiction piece. I was definitely addicted back in the live days, and would feel the effects of a withdrawal even going a few days off the game. I’ve gotten addicted to other games since then too; I feel like certain personality’s lend themselves to a higher propensity towards addiction than others. Either nature, nurture, or some combination therein. I just know I have to really control myself playing certain games, or it could be easy to fall back down the rabbit hole. The dopamine cycle is very real.

When I read about some of these 4 day 100+ hour Manastone runs, I’m cringing inside. Reminds me of these kinds of stories:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ath/index.html
Old 02-21-2020, 11:58 PM
Fire Giant

95% of the ppl here have some crippling real life problems and come here as a mental crutch
Old 02-21-2020, 11:59 PM
Banned

[x] Drugs
[x] Fun-employment
Old 02-22-2020, 12:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktoor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once again, hypocritical people who play the game, talking shit on people who also play the game...

It’s funny that people generalize people’s lives when they have no idea. Personally, I have a career, children, and spend 6 weeks a year in the wilderness bowhunting, yet I have a lvl 50 char on Green, had a char on blue, and played On live. I played too much 1999-2001, but I’ve learned to control my play time such as that it’s not disaffecting RL and made it through college and medical school during these 20 yrs.

As far as the OP, people still play it because it’s fun and a challenge.
I play 1 day a week and im lvl 50 on green, 2 60's on blue (since launch), geared out multiple 60's on red with epics. Its a marathon not a race.

don't let anyone ruin your immersion levels
Old 02-22-2020, 01:30 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by silo32 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I play 1 day a week and im lvl 50 on green, 2 60's on blue (since launch), geared out multiple 60's on red with epics. Its a marathon not a race.

don't let anyone ruin your immersion levels
Wait, you got all that with just one day a week?? How many hours do you play in that single day? Have you done a /played on your char? I’m curious what an accurate time estimate is to go from 1-50. I’d usually assume months, though I had a friend who got it in like a single month (he played a lot).
Old 02-22-2020, 10:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone needs self reflection to realize it's a pretty asinine thing to come on a forum and tell other people they have issues lol
I’m gonna go ahead and edit because you’re not even worth it. All I’ll say is you obviously bombed the reading comprehension portion of the SATs
Last edited by waltjig; 02-22-2020 at 10:12 AM..
Old 02-22-2020, 10:23 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^

If somebody wants to spend 20 hours a day playing eq and collecting manastones, so be it. In all likelihood, the people calling him/them out are just upset they are not able to put in the same time. They just feel it looks better presenting it as life advice, like every loser who posts motivational quotes all over their twitter & instagram to make themselves feel better.
Closed Thread