Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Raid Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:26 PM
Planar Protector

Ahh, someone was texting me that it was around 130 to get the job done. It's good to see that it's "beatable" but I don't think it's classically tuned.
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh, someone was texting me that it was around 130 to get the job done. It's good to see that it's "beatable" but I don't think it's classically tuned.
Probably not, but considering all the other things that are harder than they should be classically, i doubt the powers that be really care, or intend to make many changes for that matter. With all of the knowledge we have and time spent in Kunark it's probably more of a classic experience to keep things more difficult anyways.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:35 PM
Planar Protector

This agreement is no longer in effect being that Rampage no longer exists as well as Taken.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

This agreement was never in effect being that it was never in effect. People did failed ring wars on wave 1 twice a day this month, weeks in a row.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bktroost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This agreement was never in effect being that it was never in effect. People did failed ring wars on wave 1 twice a day this month, weeks in a row.
True. Need a new thread made to come to an agreement between all guilds.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:41 PM
Fire Giant

Need the staff to take care of business re expectations on a bugged mob.

Until they do, making an agreement to cheat (exploiting a known bug) in a way that's more convenient is really pretty bankrupt. (Ignore this and proceed below if I've missed something here re staff statements.)

------------------

But I don't really blame anyone for taking this approach. Not picking on you, Detoxx or anyone trying to get stuff figured out. It's part of a larger problem. We have some pretty robust raid rules here. But they're not always followed and much less often enforced. And it seems the enforcement is either wildly inconsistent or purely whimsical - not to mention not very timely.

Further, the notion of "Fraps or it didn't happen" is pretty absurd in its own right when you're talking consistent enforcement or deterrence - which, not so coincidentally, seem to be the drivers for having rules at all.

In brief (and I'm not known for that), if the rules that we're asked to follow are not enforced consistently, swiftly, and with some real teeth (heavy enough to deter), there's no point in having raid rules or server rules at all.

That's on the gods (small g) of the server. Not speaking for Omni or CSG here but someone who has been around a while:

Staff, figure out what kind of support you can give to the raid scene. Write rules that you're able to enforce given that level of support. Be consistent. And quick. And harsh enough to get the outcomes you want. And communicate those outcomes up front. If you want chaos and drama, tell us straight up. If you want something smoother, figure out rules and enforcement mechanisms that are both consistent and commensurate with your staffing abilities.

Cloki - Lead Hippie, OMNI
Old 03-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Planar Protector

Last edited by bktroost; 03-13-2016 at 12:31 PM..
Old 04-16-2016, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

Bump.

If you fail a Ring War, you should not be allowed to contest the resulting bugged Dain. I think this should be a fairly common sense/agreeable solution to the present situation.

There should be no incentives for failing a Ring War, or worse, purposefully exploiting and failing a Ring War. Every guild that has attempted or won a ring war has failed one in the past month. This should impact and be fair to everyone evenly.

Sirken said he would be ruling on this before the summit but I don't think I heard anything ever come of it.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:30 AM
Planar Protector

If Sirken made that rule I'd sign off and enter the fray.