Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 11:52 AM
Large Bat

Default Where do people group at ~16?

I've read through a lot of the guides and know how to find general level ranges, but what I'm really after is where folks commonly group for the teens to low 20s on P99? Unrest? Oasis?

I've reached the point on my bard where soloing is getting tougher even with my nifty poking weapon. Not having bind/gate is making me cringe when I have to relocate or even turn in quests. So would like to maybe relocate to a better grouping spot.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 AM
Kobold

Oasis should have tons of other people to group with and you can stay there until 20 or so easily, 21-22 if you wanna push it.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Fire Giant

Unrest, Oasis, Upper Guk, sometimes Highpass orcs, Kurns... Those are the most popular spots I can think of. Anywhere else you'd probably have to take your own group - if you had a few friends the Warrens or Befallen can be pretty fun.
Maamdak Battlebeard - 48 Dwarf Rogue
Crunkasaurus Rex - 49 Ogre Shaman
Mendak - 51 Halfling Druid (Green)

<Paradox> RIP
Old 01-10-2017, 03:27 PM
Large Bat

Thanks, I'll try those out. Are the dungeon zones (Unrest, Guk, Kurns) faster leveling than Oasis due to the ZEM? Or is it just a matter of preference?
Old 01-10-2017, 03:32 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselblighter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks, I'll try those out. Are the dungeon zones (Unrest, Guk, Kurns) faster leveling than Oasis due to the ZEM? Or is it just a matter of preference?
Its not as fast in Oasis, no, but its safer and you'll have an easier time getting a party (even if its just 2-3 of you), the dungeons often require more people to be productive and can be dangerous if you aren't careful. Guk for example has TONS of mobs inside of it, you get lost and you will die.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Kurns basement is awesomesauce can get exp all the way to 25 and loads of burynai if you feel brave and have Group, OR if you dont kill any burynai and keep faction you can pick out the skellys down there if you are only 1-2 players. Learn the layout and where the zoneout to FoB.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:44 PM
Aviak

Trying Kurns for the first time on a 16 Shaman and it has so far proved safe and fast.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

My favorite is always HPH Orcs at 16 but there's lots of options, check out my levelling guide linked below when you're looking for places to go!

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:54 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the info, all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgellan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My favorite is always HPH Orcs at 16 but there's lots of options, check out my levelling guide linked below when you're looking for places to go!
That's nifty, thanks. I'm actually parked at the Highpass zone line in EK because I was trying to get to Highkeep to buy a song; I couldn't get past the gnoll soothsayer (who is a fun-killing, lull-resisting assbag). Since I'm there I'll try again and give the orcs a shot.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

Orc highway in oasis is great exp at that level. Those mobs die quick and there are dozens of them. People tend to go for the crocs but the orc highway is the best camp in that zone. Also upper guk, its a little harder to find a group but there are several good camps in there and excellent ZEM.

Warrens is very fun but you mostly need to bring your own group.