Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2020, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Put your faith in the Lord, not pop culture rubbish. Oh ye of little faith.
I just said the show has been rubbish, sorry that your self-worth is tied in with incompetent politicians.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:11 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-03-2020, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christendom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What makes you think I was speaking to YOU, particularly?

Are there not others participating in this thread, who seemingly have a little too much "invested" in this silly TV show and the need for it to reflect their ego's views?

So much Ego, so little Christ.
You said seek Christ without quoting anyone specific immediately after I made fun of conservatives, it seemed like a reasonable assumption.
Old 02-04-2020, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Put your faith in the Lord, not pop culture rubbish. Oh ye of little faith.
One of the best aspects of Star Trek is that it portrays an enlightened future where we stop praying to sky wizards and start taking destiny into our own hands. You all are tripping if you think the words of some dudes who would shit themselves if they saw a lightbulb somehow nailed the truth 2000 years ago.
Old 02-04-2020, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One of the best aspects of Star Trek is that it portrays an enlightened future where we stop praying to sky wizards and start taking destiny into our own hands. You all are tripping if you think the words of some dudes who would shit themselves if they saw a lightbulb somehow nailed the truth 2000 years ago.
the truth?

Old 02-04-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Those atheist, junky Star Trek fans make me so mad that I might even vote for the orange racist. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-04-2020, 07:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Because we're totally progressing toward the Star Trek universe in today's hedonistic environment where savages shit on the sidewalk in the morning before crawling back into their tent to shoot up breakfast.
Wait, what does this have to do with religion? Are you suggesting that bad people are not religious, and good people are? I'm not sure I follow you otherwise.

If we find our way into a Trek-like future, it certainly won't be credited to silly devotions to archaic texts and mysticism.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember that scene so well
Old 02-04-2020, 07:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
"Bad" and "Good" is such a simpleton's way of seeing the world [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the right thing to do.

Sometimes malarkey is better.
Old 02-04-2020, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horza [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The show has been pretty mediocre so far (episode two is a slog), but Stewart isn't wrong just because he's offended your delicate sensibilities.
It's a sign the series is going to have some legs in it.
Closed Thread