Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-18-2021, 08:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with this angle on red toxicity is that they fostered it. We told em not to, but they didnt listen. For people whove been here since 2011, its always been like this. They never tell us anything, decide things on a whim without having a solid discussion of the pros and cons of major decisions. Then they let that decision's consequence rot the server till they have no choice but act, by then theyve lost yet another chunk of the pop. Its not like their nonchalance and months/years silence is caused by the toxicity. More like 2 things happening at the same time, and part of the toxicity (like mine) is caused by the way they handle everything.

Theyre doing it now to red. Id probably start a char on red if i knew they wont pull the plug out of left field in 3 months. But of course we dont know. We might or not get a fresh red server, but we dont know. Its not hard to feedback your community like "We know you want a fresh server but its not happening till 2023, if at all". Its a simple respect of people's time thing.
Notice how blue and green have no problems with gms? Population? It's time for the red community to look inward and accept they ruined their chances of some day getting another red server.
Old 08-19-2021, 06:20 AM
Orc

zek live is doing better than red heh

2 healthy guilds

instances tho
Old 08-19-2021, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

Teams with faster timeline progression
Reset and dump characters into red.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 08-19-2021, 04:36 PM
Sarnak

Go red go
Old 08-19-2021, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Notice how blue and green have no problems with gms? Population? It's time for the red community to look inward and accept they ruined their chances of some day getting another red server.
Im not gonna deny a big chunk of reds population is toxic. But that is what im trying to explain. They fostered it. I kept saying in forums the first year with a couple of others that xp loss in pvp was killin the pop and funneling the gameplay to you either zerg or you dont pvp, unless youre a masochist. They didnt listen until like half the server was gone. A substancial part of the remaining pop were people who enjoyed griefing.
Hot on the heels of that, Sirken nerfs xp during Kunark. I left and never looked back, at that lack of consideration for players. Of course its their server and they can do whatever the fuck they want, but the same is true for players, devs arent entitled a succesful, populated server. They have to work at it. They didnt, beyond putting a server up and this is the result.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-19-2021 at 09:31 PM..
Old 08-19-2021, 11:40 PM
Sarnak

i was once gm slayed and banned just long enough for my corpse to rot
Old 08-20-2021, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Vztz was 10x as toxic and we loved it. Even went through two wipes, three if you count early stages.

I was amazed by the amount of communication and how helpful people were on red for the short time I played.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:55 AM
Sarnak

Despite the bad calls and crap GMs on this server Red was successful for a pvp server. The only problem is it never reset and is stuck in Velious forever now.
Old 08-20-2021, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite the bad calls and crap GMs on this server Red was successful for a pvp server. The only problem is it never reset and is stuck in Velious forever now.
Yep. Everything tradesonred says is true and he isn't even covering all the bad deets. But it was a super successful PVP server despite an insane handicap from decisions and actions that would be easy to avoid on red 2.0

A lot of people will throw in for the next one, I just hope they do some custom to make the progression maximum enjoyable.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 08-20-2021, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Everything tradesonred says is true and he isn't even covering all the bad deets. But it was a super successful PVP server despite an insane handicap from decisions and actions that would be easy to avoid on red 2.0

A lot of people will throw in for the next one, I just hope they do some custom to make the progression maximum enjoyable.
There isn't going to be a new red99. The devs have moved on and don't care about it enough. People need to get over their fixation on a server having to have the p99 stamp on it. Gangsta is doing a good job with RoT and keeping it open source for others to be able to build on it. There is at least a classic pvp server available if people want to play before it is polished and eventually there will be a polished project for anyone to pick up and make their own.