Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 07:10 AM
Aviak

Lightbulb How to PvP like a Pro

Since <Sick> is struggling a little bit with PvP lately, I'm going to start a How to PvP guide for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGXl-xSjtOA

Healthy Second 1:
This is not a safe area at Hate, where you are coming from is normally the area a puller but not a cleric wants to be. Boundaries of the safe area are if you draw a line from the fountain edges towards the ramp and the small entrance area to the inner part of the ramp.
Also for PvP I would suggest to wear some gear at least, running around naked might result in a root or snare easily. Symbiotic did some great gear guides for clerics, in case you need one btw
Oh and the direction you are facing is totally wrong, if you have a train on you, you need to run away of a safe spot, not into a safe spot. Stuff like this can result in suspensions, so better don't do it.
And the best advice at that moment, don't panic in PvP, stay calm and act as a team, you are running around like you lost control over your character.
Healthy Second 3:
If you run too fast btw it helps to turn walk on, then you don't run that fast into dangerous areas.
Healthy Second 8:
In the settings of the game you can turn up your clip plane, that way you can actually see NPCs before running into them.
Oh and you still didn't cause a bad train at that moment, if you die a bit ahead of where you are running and DA there so all mobs are next to you, the ones you trained through the safespot will run back from behind and those two next to you will just run back into their spot.
Healthy Second 9:
If you run into troubles with NPCs mid PvP, don't expect the opposing force to safe you. We are there to kill you not to clean up your train.
At this point you basically lost control over your train, you can't anymore guarantee that you don't violate the server rules with this train.
Healthy Second 15:
If you want to DA camp a train you need a bard to ensure you stay invul for the time you camp out, so that is the wrong spot you are running to.
Lifegiver Second 23:
Ohoh... you are leaving the safe area. Well I would backed up a bit too if my buddy would have trained me with all those mobs.
Lyfegiver Second 30:
Only GMs/Guides can turn players into ire ghasts and I doubt a GM/Guide was present, so trying to kill that thing mid PvP with low health will always end deadly.
It also helps to read the names above your target before engaging, an ire ghast cannot be a player, also the color of the name clearly indicates this.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:31 AM
Aviak

Lightbulb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbV4v5dxR9I

Sockpuppet Second 2:
Hi Sockpuppet where are you coming from? Don't listen to Healthy too much, this is not a safe area!
Sockpuppet Second 5:
This move looks familiar, saw it earlier on Healthy.
Sockpuppet Second 9:
Brave move, those 2 clerics will agro you sooner or later and i doubt you can kill them with all those ppl on you.
Sockpuppet Second 20:
You need to seperate PvE and PvP, don't pull mid fight while your buddies are dieing.
Also it is way easier if you pull only like 1 or 2, those huge pulls are hard to control.
Sockpuppet Second 21:
Running into the safespot at that situation is a dangerous move, you can easily loose control over your pulled mobs and this will result in a train on top of the opposing force and your friends who are having a brawl there.
Sockpuppet Second 23:
If you want to turn faster maybe use your mouse, then you wouldn't have ran against the wall and then up the ramp. Another option is to turn walk on, that makes it a lot easier to get to your target spot. But in your case i would have trained out again with all those ppl here and maybe do an AE mez. Might be a lucky one and then camp out somewhere a bit away to get rid of the agro. But mobs beating you + players is not going to end well.
Sockpuppet Second 30:
You cannot win a PvP fight if you just run around, you need to get control of the situation and split the opponents. Get them one by one, but trying to XP mid PvP is a concept I never saw working. Try to tash, maybe root, mez or if you got the balls charm a pet, or assist your focused buddies with Runes.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

LMAO