troll post.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Planar Protector

People must really want Luclin models.

Too bad.
Old 08-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People must really want Luclin models.

Too bad.
We will get luclin
Old 08-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Just prior to Velious, the population would consistently top out in the 1300s each day.
Since Velious, the population was somewhat consistently topping in the 1500s, but it has slowly dropped to 1400s.

There's actually been a rise, which seems to be dwindling back to normal levels. Shiny Precious doesn't stay shiny, does it, Precious?
Last edited by myriverse; 08-22-2015 at 10:53 AM..
Old 08-22-2015, 11:00 AM
Planar Protector

probably because Velious sucks. same dumb dragons except with more HP! I didn't enjoy velious on live so pretty sure I wouldnt enjoy it on here. classic eq the only good era and by classic i mean vanilla.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Issues with Velious on p99:

1) Still not enough content to go around. One guild can still easily monopolize the majority of raid mobs.

2) Not a lot of non raid content. I blew off work for about a week and managed to be full thurg armor, 2x BoB, ring 9 coldain, dragon neck , alliance neck, beads etc., with work done on several PoM flowers. Without AA's or leveling grind, there's little non raid gains to be had now.

3) People entered Velious after four years of kunark with stacked characters and easy access to end game kunark loot, thus trivializing much of the Velious gear.

4) The raid content is incredibly easy outside of AoW / Tunare (and now Vyemm). Everything was basically doable day one with no effort.

5) No further content means once you've decked your character out the realization sinks in that there's nothing left to ever do on p99, which doesn't take very long if you're an end game player.

This is why PoP will to me forever be the greatest expansion. Tons of tradeskills, AA's, challenging groupable content, raid progression that can't be steamrolled in the prior expacs gear, enough content for both groupers and raiders and casual trade skillers. PoP was the pinnacle of EverQuest.

I know not everyone is a power gamer, so there will be disagreement with my points, but if you're not someone who likes to just stroll through iceclad for the view or do ToFS for the experience rather than the vendor junk that drops there, then there is no denying that Velious is small and boring outside of raids.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

PoP was the first expansion that actually made raiding interesting to me. Starting with the PoJ trials to plane of nightmare shit to other flagging. It was p good. heartbrands post is pretty accurate though. I can see people burning out completely in a few weeks.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Banned

PoP was def the most fun i ever had in eq, HB post is pretty spot on
Old 08-22-2015, 11:24 AM
Banned

These servers would have been a lot more fun if it didn't take velious 5 years to come out.
Old 08-22-2015, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Id also add that Luclin / PoP to me was the pinnacle of itemization where casters started to get meaningful upgrades with focus effects rather than just a bigger mana pool that was irrelevant anyway a lot of the time. Simultaneously stat glut didn't kick in yet where NToV gear from two prior expacs was still relevant in PoP through a couple of tiers.