Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2015, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanquisher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
PoP was def the most fun i ever had in eq, HB post is pretty spot on
Very true, both counts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-22-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

The great thing about PoP would be all the tiers of raiding guilds you would have.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

I know it won't, but I really really really want the server to continue the timeline. I really want to continue to experience things I never got to on live with my guild and the friends I've made here. With a few differences such as no bazaar or nexus portals, and if it goes all the way to PoP, maybe no PoK books. Keep the social aspect to the economy and travel... small things like that are what slowly began to chisel away at what EQ was meant to be.
Old 08-22-2015, 12:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
troll post.
Either troll post or just stupid.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Issues with Velious on p99:

1) Still not enough content to go around. One guild can still easily monopolize the majority of raid mobs.

2) Not a lot of non raid content. I blew off work for about a week and managed to be full thurg armor, 2x BoB, ring 9 coldain, dragon neck , alliance neck, beads etc., with work done on several PoM flowers. Without AA's or leveling grind, there's little non raid gains to be had now.

3) People entered Velious after four years of kunark with stacked characters and easy access to end game kunark loot, thus trivializing much of the Velious gear.

4) The raid content is incredibly easy outside of AoW / Tunare (and now Vyemm). Everything was basically doable day one with no effort.

5) No further content means once you've decked your character out the realization sinks in that there's nothing left to ever do on p99, which doesn't take very long if you're an end game player.

This is why PoP will to me forever be the greatest expansion. Tons of tradeskills, AA's, challenging groupable content, raid progression that can't be steamrolled in the prior expacs gear, enough content for both groupers and raiders and casual trade skillers. PoP was the pinnacle of EverQuest.

I know not everyone is a power gamer, so there will be disagreement with my points, but if you're not someone who likes to just stroll through iceclad for the view or do ToFS for the experience rather than the vendor junk that drops there, then there is no denying that Velious is small and boring outside of raids.
Well what did you seriously expect? This is why you don't hardcore raid or be in the most dominant guild(s) on the server, or practice mobs on beta. Of course Velious is going to be trivial.
Old 08-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well what did you seriously expect? This is why you don't hardcore raid or be in the most dominant guild(s) on the server, or practice mobs on beta. Of course Velious is going to be trivial.
Your solution: Don't play the game: love it. Sounds like when Blizzard complains that isn't a lack of content that's an issue its that people are playing the content too much!
Old 08-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I quit Hearthstone because of the matchmaking system. Nice to get steamrolled on your 4th/5th game by a guy with an almost full gold deck...subtle message that you need to invest in the game or just lose 75% of matches.

Still plenty to enjoy on P99, even if you have to change venues to do it.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your solution: Don't play the game: love it. Sounds like when Blizzard complains that isn't a lack of content that's an issue its that people are playing the content too much!
Lol, you guys are a blue guild on a red server.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:34 PM
Fire Giant

About 1200 people on right now. 2:40 EST, beautiful day throughout much of the Midwest. Population seems pretty healthy to me!
Old 08-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Aviak

I really wish the devs would reneg on their decision to never go past Velious. I mean, having a classic server and PoP server should be possible. Though I kinda get it that if they don't have the same feels towards PoP, then obviously they wouldn't want to spend time on it.

Alternatively, the custom content they've talked about before, could be derivative from PoP and Luclin. Make use of the existing assets and just add their own spin to them. Though some of the fixes that came with Luclin and PoP as far as classes were concerned (bow AAs etc.) would be great as well.

*sigh* p2002 sounds interesting, but it'll probably never get even close to the numbers that p99 has as far as users go and I'm not interested boxing by myself on an empty server. And having become accustomed to the level of...I don't know, professionalism(?) that the devs on p99 show, I don't think I could deal with any other servers.
Closed Thread