Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No competition = no fun
Looking forward to the Awakened ragelords returning to be honest.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Planar Protector

What if instead of raid mob rotations there were raid ban rotations?
Old 07-02-2016, 02:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looking forward to the Awakened ragelords returning to be honest.
Me to , were at a 3% loss for the week because they aren't raiding. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Aviak

Hey, just wanted to come in and say yer all a bunch of dorks! L8er!
Old 07-06-2016, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crazy to tl;dr...... (knock on the rules not the posting pal)

staff just needs to enforce a rotation and remove variance... way easier to police imo
qft fam.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivthis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not classic and you know it.

Plus you need an upper 1% for the 99% to lust to be, thus they continue to play to try to become the 1%

Nirgon come back to the "community," we miss you.
Rotations are classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just not all servers had them
Old 07-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Sarnak

Classic had progression. It kept the competition fresh for those who wanted it, rather than becoming this petty and bitter rush to be the first to engage. There were server firsts to be had, new mobs, new zones. Today we know everything, we've seen everything.

The only thing left for some is the competition and holy shit is it time to quit when you reach that point.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:29 AM
Orc

Project 1999 has a decent set of rules right now. It has the potential to be very fun and be something to look forward to. The only thing holding that back is the 16 hour variance. If the variance was cut down to 4 hours it would probably be the most competitive and fun raid scene this server has ever had. Currently though it is a meat grinder and will keep some guilds from competing while eventually burning out players that do compete.

Hopefully they fix that aspect of it soon.
Old 07-07-2016, 10:17 AM
Fire Giant

16 hour windows aren't that bad when everything is close together. It can keep things interesting I guess.

The problem comes up after windows get spread out like they are now. Mobs are currently spawning between Monday AM and Friday PM, which means basically 5 full days of tracking.

My personal (and unpopular) opinion is that all raid mobs should respawn simultaneously on a given day of the week. Earthquakes have resulted in some of the best fun I've had raiding on this server, and it'd be awesome to have that frantic experience once a week.
Old 07-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
16 hour windows aren't that bad when everything is close together. It can keep things interesting I guess.

The problem comes up after windows get spread out like they are now. Mobs are currently spawning between Monday AM and Friday PM, which means basically 5 full days of tracking.

My personal (and unpopular) opinion is that all raid mobs should respawn simultaneously on a given day of the week. Earthquakes have resulted in some of the best fun I've had raiding on this server, and it'd be awesome to have that frantic experience once a week.
The bolded part just isn't true. Anything over 8 hours with this racing system is terrible. Also lower windows give you something close to what you desire. Just won't make it simultaneous. It will make for a fun 4 to 8 hours every week when repops happen though.
Closed Thread