Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2018, 09:02 AM
Kobold

Default Which class did you enjoy leveling most, untwinked?

And why?

Hi all,

Just another filthy casual here. I'm suffering from the worst alt-itis known to man in a game like this. I just want to see end game but I'm struggling to stick with any character. I'm not sure WHY. Maybe in my old age I'm too jaded with what modern games have done to me making it all too easy. I want to get into a class but I'm not liking ... something .... I don't know what.

I've leveled up quite a few characters to 15+, nothing over 20. I think I'm really turned off that one of the only ways to solo, at least that I'm aware of, is to be super twinked or to root rot or fear / kite mobs. I don't like running away! I don't like casting a root and dot or a fear and just chilling while an enemy dies. Feels weird man.

Would really be interested to hear some stories about the early leveling journey and how some people enjoyed the process and which classes they chose. Maybe I can get re motivated. I like the difficulty of the game and maybe I need to simply change my mindset to enjoy things more.

If anyone has time to share that would be awesome
Old 09-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Planar Protector

Enchanters a ton of fun solo with all the fidgeting with charm, and gear hardly matters.
Banned

Ranger was a big one for me.

I avoided it for the longest time due to its reputation but one day I decided to play one, and I'm glad I did because it was one of the most enjoyable leveling experiences.

I wasn't twinked, only had average gear. But the class wasn't nearly as broken as everyone said it was and at times felt OP (especially pulling with Harmony).

Another class I enjoyed leveling was a Monk. They have a variety of active melee skills spread out so it always feels fresh. They're also powerful with little to no items as well.

I tend to burn out on classes when I reach 50 or so. Some spell casters get unique spells past 50, but with melee it doesn't seem to change much past then.
Kobold

To be blunt, if you want to solo there's a myriad of better games out there for it.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:13 AM
Fire Giant

Enchanter , althou I was "twinked" in that I had some CHA gear and a G.ring

But the difference between that and a untwinked ENC won't be huge
Old 09-02-2018, 09:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be blunt, if you want to solo there's a myriad of better games out there for it.
I disagree, it's just only a few select classes are good at solo in EQ.
Old 09-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Planar Protector

Warrior!

So much fun researching potential quest drop upgrades, guiding where you got to adventure, especially if doing the untwinked 'self found' route.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:11 AM
Fire Giant

enchanter
Old 09-02-2018, 10:18 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Jensen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I hear ya. It's not that I always want to solo, just a little disheartened when I do struggle with finding groups I'm constantly lost and getting owned haha. Maybe I just haven't found my class yet. There's a lot I haven't tried: ranger, bard, mage, wizard, monk, cleric, warrior, sk or rogue.

I do have arthritis though so a clicky class like bard would kill my hands I'd imagine. Wasn't trying to complain too hard. More looking for inspiration through the looking glass of others.

I honestly don't enjoy root rotting or kiting, though.
Old 09-02-2018, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

I enjoyed leveling my rogue for a few reasons.

1. I was always grouping and that is what makes eq fun to me. (I am the sort who doesn’t mind being the one to try to start up a group, if this is not you then I know this aspect goes the other direction for some)
2. Gear mattered. I got excited about getting every little upgrade, especially weapons. Gear was hardly noticeable on my first caster. That just added additional feelings accomplishment along the way.
3. I like exploring. With a rogue even when I was just lfg I could sneak around and learn dungeons layouts and just see cool stuff buried within.
Closed Thread