Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 10:52 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think you realize that this is what these people find fun. It’s not about RMT.
i have a bridge to sell you
Old 01-25-2022, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh rogean told you what he pays?
No, there are LOTS of EQemu servers. Info is out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then start one.
It doesn't matter what it costs, I have zero interest in running one. My point still stands: servers are cheap. Try google.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:32 PM
Planar Protector

I googled it to silence the idiots (cd 288, et. all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84
Honestly, I run my server on a single core 1.6ghz with 3gb of ram and an old 5400rpm HDD. And honest it runs fine even with alot of accounts logged in at once. You can get a 120gb ssd for literally 20 dollars online. I'd invest in the ssd. As far as storage goes 120 would be plenty.
Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84
Yeah man it doesn't take much to run a server. I've got mine running on a single core 1.6ghz 3gb ram laptop with 5400rpm hdd. And I can run it with 50 zones easily
Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ
literally can run it with 2gb ram
dual core pentium
and 25gb hdd
Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41749

I'll stop there. Try google, friends. It's amazing!

What does such a VPS cost? GOOGLE SAVES THE DAY AGAIN!

Code:
Quote:
$5 to $20 per month
Last edited by Castle2.0; 01-25-2022 at 11:35 PM..
Old 01-26-2022, 12:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by p99deadstarre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i have a bridge to sell you
I mean if that were 100% true you’d have basically everyone in the top guilds banned every year for RMT yet that doesn’t happen. Pretty crazy that you’re here yet somehow have the inability to believe that there are people on this server who are just THAT addicted to and immersed in this game.
Old 01-26-2022, 12:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I googled it to silence the idiots (cd 288, et. all)

Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42316

Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40228

Source: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41749

I'll stop there. Try google, friends. It's amazing!

What does such a VPS cost? GOOGLE SAVES THE DAY AGAIN!

Code:

Oh so you did a ton of research to tell us that Rogean hasn’t ever told you how much it costs him to run P99? Solid post
Old 01-26-2022, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Every few months this topic comes up, and nobody ever remembers:

Rogean doesn't just own P99, he owns EQEMU. He makes money off of ALL the servers by donations to EQEMU, and P99 donations.

Rogean isn't just P99, Rogean is ALL OF THE EMULATORS except for TAKP which does not use EQEMU. (TAKP really isn't an emulator, its the actual legit Mac client, and therefore the most accurate.)

chances are he had connections to verant/soe back in the day, i mean who would really let some strange random person use their IP for free?

Why was P99 allowed to continue, when the eqclassic.org project (which started years before P99), was nailed with cease and desist orders from SOE?

Think people, THINK.
Last edited by Trexller; 01-26-2022 at 12:58 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 03:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Saying it doesn't cost a lot to run a game server with 1000+ people on it is silly..
You can get the hardware to run a p99 for under $1k. My eqarchives indexer box could probably do it if I set up raid storage. I'm guessing that's going to be the biggest expense/maintenance issue. Right now I just do a weekly Google drive backup of the VM image.
Last edited by Dolalin; 01-26-2022 at 03:50 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 09:49 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh so you did a ton of research to tell us that Rogean hasn’t ever told you how much it costs him to run P99? Solid post
Sorry your brain doesn't work and you don't know how to abstract or extrapolate.

Or, just too proud to admit you were wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Probably the second [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You don't know what I pay for my vehicle registration! You only know what everyone else pays... huehuehue."
Last edited by Castle2.0; 01-26-2022 at 10:15 AM..
Old 01-26-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry your brain doesn't work and you don't know how to abstract or extrapolate.

Or, just too proud to admit you were wrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Probably the second [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You don't know what I pay for my vehicle registration! You only know what everyone else pays... huehuehue."
Thank you for continuing to confirm that you have no knowledge of what Rogean pays!
Old 01-26-2022, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thank you for continuing to confirm that you have no knowledge of what Rogean pays!
See above facts. We know approximately what Rogean pays. We don't need to know exactly, because that isn't even the question, fool.

The question is "What does one need to pay to run a server?" Rogean will be +/- that number within a small range. If he already has hardware, he may pay very little or nothing.

We have answered that question. You lose. Nice try. Sorry you can't BS away the obvious fact you put your foot in your esophagus.

Quote:
Code:
$5 to $20 per month
Closed Thread