Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 04:02 PM
Banned

Default An argument for DEX as best stat.

Ranged throw/archery dmg is leet AF.

My gnome mage is hitting like a mac truck with 110 dex.

Honestly you probably should bump dex up to max on wizard and warrior too. Warriors get good bow. And wizards can chuck daggers between casts/med ticks.
Old 01-25-2022, 03:32 PM
Sarnak

bow damage is based off strength on p99 unless they changed it recently
Old 01-25-2022, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Considering bow damage is indeed based on strength and always is and will be in project 1999, it is not technically a good argument to claim that dex is a good stat. However, there are numerous good arguments for having more dexterity, though I do not have wont to convince you of this.
Old 01-25-2022, 04:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Warriors should indeed place all of their points into Dex, in order to maximize procs off of their weapons.
Or so Eye would posit.
Old 01-25-2022, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midfrost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warriors should indeed place all of their points into Dex, in order to maximize procs off of their weapons.
Or so Eye would posit.
The difference in proc chance has proven to be extremely minimal. Not worth it whatsoever
Old 01-26-2022, 04:50 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The difference in proc chance has proven to be extremely minimal. Not worth it whatsoever
This is fake news
Old 01-26-2022, 04:57 AM
Planar Protector

Dex is so easy to cap with buffs. If we're talking level 60, BIS raiding characters, no need to gear dex at all.

Focus = 60 dex
VoG = 25 dex
Boon = 100

If you're looking for strategies on levelling, sure. Some situations dex would be useful.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please link the proof.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-26-2022, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

The two buffs I am constantly asked for is STA and DEX.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I wouldn't focus on DEX for your situation OP. I know nothing about throwing/archery on P99, but I don't remember anyone having evidence to support DEX being the damage stat for those skills. I understand why people would think that, as that's how it worked in Dungeons and Dragons, which EQ borrowed heavily from. They didn't bring everything over though, and I am pretty sure the other posters are correct that STR is what is used. But I would love to see some parsing if you think you are seeing a diference.

Dex is best used on melee characters 50+ that have access to good proc weapons for more PPM. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it.

And I agree with Samoht, you shouldn't dump into dex for your starting stats, especially on a warrior, as there are plenty of DEX buffs. Unless you are specifically creating a solo only warrior for the challenge of it, most Warriors will be grouping or raiding, so they will usually have access to plenty of DEX buffs. In the very specific case of building a solo only challenge warrior, DEX may be a good starting stat, as warriors 50+ are heavily relying on Truncheon of Doom. Procing Truncheon ASAP is probably going to be more worthwhile than any other stat increase, including STA. But solo only warriors are not that common, and honestly you may regret that DEX dump later if you choose to switch your solo leveled 60 warrior over to grouping/raiding lol.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-26-2022 at 01:17 PM..
Closed Thread