Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2022, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i hope you are extra mad that i am home playing p1999 while you are at work
sipS
bu..but..bu..but i JUST logged off to go get some Subway because im making good decisions because I am on Jared's diet

Enjoy the bike ride home incel
Attached Images
File Type: png Cuck boy.PNG (5.7 KB, 186 views)
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-17-2022, 01:56 PM
Banned

thank you for letting me know how upset you are
Old 01-18-2022, 02:05 AM
Kobold

Didn't read most of the thread but....A custom content raid zone to replace warders with similar but different loot. And a custom content Plane of Sky-like quest zone with HoT quality loot for casual raiders.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

who was the a hole that was like, ok well if we are going to do froglock playable races then we should make them look like a rainforest cafe toad.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:33 PM
Fire Giant

I think the GM's should stop banning people, but instead just make the game terrible for offenders.

Get caught boxing? Woops weird, every account you use and character you create now has max weight and -20 health and mana regen.

Won't stop crying about raid shit? Woops, how weird, 50 mobs just spawned on top of your raid. Hope you guys enjoy this 2 hour corpse run, because woops they just showed up outta nowhere again. Full on glitch through the walls and from the ceilings mob trains.

You've shown time and time again that you are an anti social piece of shit? Congrats, your character now can't roll higher than a third of the highest number you roll for.

Obviously you should give people a chance to redeem their bad habits, and turn it around. Like make them adopt noobs and show them the ropes of the game. But all in all, I would find this an absolute hilarious way to deal with the issues around here.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:40 PM
Banned

this definitely happens already
Old 01-19-2022, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this definitely happens already
If so, not nearly enough
Old 01-19-2022, 07:55 AM
Kobold

There's really no way to fix P1999. It is essentially created to emulate a 20 year old game, stuck an era of gaming when the people who played it were mostly kids and teenagers with too much time on their hands. It will never get any better than it currently is because it specifically made not to be improved. They want to keep it "Classic". Not improved classic or a better version, or even what the developers had originally intended, but how it actually was, or atleast to the best of what little we can gleam from net archives of what EQ was like back then. There's no way for it to get better because that is the intended design. Not to better but to emulate what it was, despite the differences in the gaming community today and the massive differences from the majority of the audience that plays this game versus the ones that played EQ back in 1999.
I don't fault the developers of P1999 for this, but it's inevitable that the flaws in this old game will eventually show and people will burn out. Real EQ however adapted many times to match their audience. It's not what the people here want, but at least they tried to adapt the server to the changes in the gaming community.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Classic+ is the only way
Raid bosses are 24 hour spawns+12 hour variants, drops double loot
Alternate epic quest options
More deity benefits from the get-go. Agnostic too strong
Class buffs

Wizards get their own form of clarity, stronger than enchanters and not stackable with enchanters, maybe a mana heal that does not stun you and acts over time
Druids/Shaman regens quicker cast, last longer (when in the same group as caster), lower cost
Druid skin spells getting +1 mana regen per rank
Bards getting double attack, and instead of songs with a cast time, instant spells but triggers a 3 sec global cooldown with merged song effects to shuffle songs around, single dots before level 20 for instance
Pal/SK getting Monk's Block
Rangers getting endless quiver (maybe from an actual quest)
Warriors getting an ability that forces a weapon to proc, slam being universal with a small stun for agro
Clerics/Mages self armor spells have a small mana regen that stacks with clarity
rog/monk are fine

actually ya know what fuck it i got bored typing, im just ganna play wow classic
Old 01-19-2022, 02:32 PM
Banned

double the jannies current salary
(lol)
Closed Thread