Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 10:53 PM
Aviak

Default Druid race query

So I'm seeing a ton of hobbit druids and a fair few elfy ones too. I'm not keen on human due to not awesome see in the dark vision and was wondering...
Apart from hairy feet and hobbit holes, is the halfling a better choice or is wood elf be better OR is there really difference?
Thoughts and advice plz
Old 07-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

There is some gear that human druids can use that others cannot, but nothing really noteworthy.

Personally, I prefer wood elf for the looks, and that I play mostly in 3rd person view and wood elf suits me the best.

Other than that, I doubt there is any real significant difference.

Half-Elves have the worst starting wisdom cap, but with gear none of that really matters.

Kalepto Mayniak - 54 Half-Elf Rogue

Ithamar Kenobi- 57 High Elf Magician
171 research skill
Old 07-12-2017, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

Halflings have a racial power that puts them head and shoulders above (not literally of course) humans, elves, and half-elves. That power is a +5% bonus to XP.

Also they get sneak, but personally I never use it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 07-13-2017, 12:15 AM
Sarnak

Tunare druids get some nice clickies, something to think about.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:26 AM
Fire Giant

Halflings get sneak, which is useful for selling to dubious merchants, sneaking through a zone e.g. up the walkway in velks, etc.

Wood Elves have access to some decent Tunare only items e.g. http://wiki.project1999.com/Gloves_of_Earthcrafting

Humans have access to http://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Azure_Sky , but that requires playing full neckbeard mode.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:47 PM
Planar Protector

Tunare Druids can quest an unlimited clicky root necklace at like level 30. The only reason to go halfling is for sneak.

Some halfling druids will talk about how incredibly useful that is for getting around dungeons without help, and I imagine it is, but how often does a druid need to get around alone in a dungeon? Most PUGs will clear a path for new members and raids will CoTH people. Sneak can be used to vendor and bank in places they ordinarily wouldn't be able to, but what's the point of that when they can port?

Now compare how often you'd use Sneak to how often you'd cast Root. I'd go with a Tunare race, and Wood Elf comes with Hide.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:52 PM
Planar Protector

Best exp in the game from halflings. No other race is wortth it.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

The Kelethin theme music is far superior to the Rivervale one. Also, root clicky.

Nothing beats NOT being crotch height to pretty much every other race in the game, though.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupakk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best exp in the game from halflings. No other race is wortth it.
Tupakk! But once you hit 60 who cares about so bonus😀
Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggernuts [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But once you hit 60 who cares about so bonus��
And how much of your character's life is spent leveling? Obviously the answer isn't the same for everyone: if this druid will be your main (it didn't sound like it was for OP), and you plan on getting to 60 and raiding, and then you actually go through with your plans, then maybe you'll get to the point where you've spent the majority of your character's life not-leveling.

But if ...
  • you hit 45 and decide to make the character a Dial a Port druid
  • you never make it to 60 before quitting the game
  • you never make it to 60 before switching to an alt
  • you make it to 60 but then quit/switch to an alt before you've spent as long being at 60 as it took you to get to 60

... then the majority (and probably vast majority) of your characters life will be spent leveling. And IF that's the case (again, not true for everyone) then would you rather be several levels higher or would you rather look good in robes (which you might not even wear if you don't raid) and save 40 mana every now and then when you root stuff with your lowest level root (which you probably won't want to do once you get higher level roots)?

There's a huge focus in this forum on maximizing power at level 60, but that ignores the fact that the vast majority of druids probably won't even make it to 60, let alone take as long of a time playing at 60 as they did leveling to 60.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread