Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 11:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothsayer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. Generally speaking, if given a choice between two high-end one handers and a high-end two-hander, which comes out on top?
Pretty much what Cloki said. If you're being relegated to DPS in a group, that's a perfect opportunity to go berserker and bust out the two-hander. It also depends on who's tanking - dual wielding will generate more aggro on average, so I'd probably only use one-handers for DPS if the tank is a hybrid snapping aggro.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:10 AM
Fire Giant

I dunno about pure DPS....haven’t parsed it. But I love going berserk in a group with a 2HS. Love those big numbers!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question.

I have run extensive damage tests on my level 60 warrior using common weps like epic, staff of battle, jade maces, lamentater, and cracked staff. I'll give you a play-by-play analysis of how to best choose the most damaging weapon setup in a moment.

First, you need to understand this simple principle.

Two Handed weapons go pow!

Dual Wielded weapons go ping ping ping!

Commit that to memory, and you'll quickly and easily understand how to do the most damage in any situation without wasting 10 seconds with suboptimal dps.

The last thing to consider in any DPS situation is "how cool does my character look fighting this enemy using my current weapons?" Don't just rely on the polygon graphics. Close your eyes and imagine the scene vividly. You're fighting a Spiroc Lord on Isle 5, or maybe a giant beef-eating walrus in the icy wastes of Velious. In the Spiroc Lord battle, it's essential to DUAL WIELD because the spiroc is an agile foe and you are dancing with him in a dance to the death. The walrus should be crushed with a heavy weapon so that you can open his skull and consume the raw brains to keep your stamina up in the cold wastes.

This simple, 2 step rubric is the key to maximizing your DPS in any situation and being the Best Warrior You Can Be.
Every post of yours that has ever annoyed me has been erased now and forever by the magnificent beauty of this paean to warrior goodness. Thank you Filbus, thank you.
Old 11-23-2017, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good question.

I have run extensive damage tests on my level 60 warrior using common weps like epic, staff of battle, jade maces, lamentater, and cracked staff. I'll give you a play-by-play analysis of how to best choose the most damaging weapon setup in a moment.

First, you need to understand this simple principle.

Two Handed weapons go pow!

Dual Wielded weapons go ping ping ping!

Commit that to memory, and you'll quickly and easily understand how to do the most damage in any situation without wasting 10 seconds with suboptimal dps.

The last thing to consider in any DPS situation is "how cool does my character look fighting this enemy using my current weapons?" Don't just rely on the polygon graphics. Close your eyes and imagine the scene vividly. You're fighting a Spiroc Lord on Isle 5, or maybe a giant beef-eating walrus in the icy wastes of Velious. In the Spiroc Lord battle, it's essential to DUAL WIELD because the spiroc is an agile foe and you are dancing with him in a dance to the death. The walrus should be crushed with a heavy weapon so that you can open his skull and consume the raw brains to keep your stamina up in the cold wastes.

This simple, 2 step rubric is the key to maximizing your DPS in any situation and being the Best Warrior You Can Be.
NAILED IT
Old 11-23-2017, 11:27 AM
Banned

2h is bursty

1h is sustain

So your 2h parses will greatly change each time... sometimes it’s more dps and sometimes it’s less dps than 1 h (lots of numbers you can roll on a weapon 30+dmg) While 1h stays pretty level on the charts only changing pending mob ac/level.
Closed Thread