Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Planar Protector

Default Question about Rogues using Invis Potions / Spells...

Hello P99ers, in my continued research on ClassicQuest I came across this patch note:

Patch Message:
Quote:
*Rogue Enhancement*

Whenever a rogue is invisible, whether by spell, potion, or skill, they are now
also invisible to undead.
I see Kanras did the updates to make rogue hide function like Double Invis, but I didn't see him make a mention that the invisibility spell line will also make you IVU. Can someone test and confirm if this works on P99? Maybe it does work and I just never knew about it.

I get why some may not care about this, but for all those Level 1 Brell Rogues in the Hole it would be nice to drag corpses at SoW speed with a Cloudy Potion $$. Could be a good hack for a Department of Fun foot race too! Not sure if it has any practical advantages really in game, since See Invis mobs would still see you. Perhaps may help lower level rogues where sneak/hide fails?

Also, I read a post but forgot to save the link, but there was mention that walking as a rogue (i.e. turning Run off) functioned the same as the above, by being invis/IVU, but see invis mobs could still get you. Any truth to that or noob misinformation? I never played a rogue on live except for a Brell dragger. I'll try and uncover more.

Thanks for the info guys! Don't want to create a bad bug report if this is functioning properly.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:33 PM
Fire Giant

On P99 regular magical invisibility does not also make rogues invisible to undead. Confirmed on a ghoul in Neriak with cloudy potion and crystal mask. I can't ever remember that being a thing in live, either.

I don't know what you're asking regarding Walk.

Hide, no sneak, walk, hide breaks.
Magic invis, ghoul sees me.
Magic invis, Walking but not Sneaking, ghoul sees me both moving and standing still, regardless of positioning around mob.
Magic invis, Sneaking, ghoul sees me unless I am in the rear 250ish degree Sneak arc.
Last edited by Bummey; 11-22-2017 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-22-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Thank you Bummey, much appreciated!

Regarding walk, a poster claimed if you did not have any form of invis, and you were not using sneak/hide, and you turned your 'Run' button to 'Walk' that it functioned as Invis + IVU (most people only ever click this button once, when they log in the first time). Need to find more evidence to that effect.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:14 PM
Banned

see rogue is different from see invis
Old 11-22-2017, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
see rogue is different from see invis
Yes I'm aware (well, 'see rogue hide'). It appears if you just used a regular invis spell (without sneak/hide) you gained the bonus of IVU and no sneak snare. The disadvantage is mobs that could 'see invis' could still see you since you weren't in 'Hide' mode.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you Bummey, much appreciated!

Regarding walk, a poster claimed if you did not have any form of invis, and you were not using sneak/hide, and you turned your 'Run' button to 'Walk' that it functioned as Invis + IVU (most people only ever click this button once, when they log in the first time). Need to find more evidence to that effect.

Hahaaha what? Just simply Walking without Hide or Invis makes you invis to living and dead? Obviously not.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hahaaha what? Just simply Walking without Hide or Invis makes you invis to living and dead? Obviously not.
I am doubtful as well, but wanted to ask seasoned vet rogue players from live. EQ was hit or miss on a lot of stuff!
Closed Thread