Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2021, 04:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Once you get that super long snare duration spell (Ensnare?) charming on druid is extremely safe, I would recommend getting some sort of timer thing to watch the duration of it, like n-parse or GINA, I use n-parse. Break your charm (with invis/hide) before snare is up and re-snare/charm. As long as everything is always snared it should be very comfy, just try to avoid charming things that run at SoW speed like griffs, though griffs are probably fine with snare management, too.
Good to know! It's actually not too bad so far. I've experimented with charming a couple different ways last night, and I think the difference between learning charming as a druid vs learning as an enchanter has been night and day. Enchanter never got the luxury of a snare or a SoW.

1. Running around tanking mobs with a DS and a "DPS companion". Just picking a nice hard hitting blue like a griffawn and going to town on all the gorge hounds. I liked this, my twink gear is pretty good on this druid, and I can still tank blues at my level pretty nicely but I know I won't be able to do this forever.

2. The standard tactic; grab a pet, sic it on another animal, try to break charm when they are low. I struggled with this the most. Never knew what to do when a third animal would jump in. Hide didn't always work to break charm and I'd lose half the exp. May have to resort to buying a GGR or something?

3. Creating a "suicide bomber". I'd take one of the lower leveled blue/green animals like a chasm crawler or a griffawn. Then I'd go find something bigger like a crag spider. I'd root the spider, DoT it, and then I'd turn to the pet and give it everything; feral spirit, DS, and then send it in. I'd let the pet die but hope it did plenty of damage before it did. I actually found this tactic pretty fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Also as far as I'm aware higher level charm spells DO NOT improve your charm break rates, they just let you charm higher levels, you typically want to use the lowest level charm you can get away with, your level difference to the mob you are charming, and CHA for enchanters(not sure for druids!), and target's magic resist are what change the chance of it breaking early. I would recommend always trying to charm the lowest level mob you can use for what you're doing, Especially since you have a paladin tank to take the hits, a lvl 15 mob will be better than trying to charm a level 20 mob that breaks constantly.
I asked about this and druid charming doesn't go off CHA. Which is very fortunate as a halfling. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2021, 04:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hide didn't always work to break charm and I'd lose half the exp. May have to resort to buying a GGR or something?
invis to animals works pretty well, but not instant which is why GGR is great, another thing you can do as a druid is snare + fear animals with a charm pet, another thing an enchanter can't do ;-; would be pretty great in a duo setting where you dont need to break your pet.

Enchanters with snare would be wild.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 08-08-2021, 04:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
invis to animals works pretty well, but not instant which is why GGR is great, another thing you can do as a druid is snare + fear animals with a charm pet, another thing an enchanter can't do ;-; would be pretty great in a duo setting where you dont need to break your pet.

True but good luck finding animals that aren't already being fear kited by a druid, cause there aren't that many animal class mobs.
Old 08-08-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean bad DPS isn't the end of the world. The duo is pretty survivable and versatile if you know what you're doing.

Just stick with something you enjoy and play it. That's the secret to this game tbh.
Agreed. It may be less than ideal in all other ways, but if it does it for you personally, keep doing it. The other duo combinations are an everyday sight. Shaman/monk. Cleric/enchanter. Powerful, but commonplace. Druid/paladin is unusual, which ought to make the journey from 1 to 60 go off the beaten ZEM path.

True, the pair's damage output leaves something to be desired, but the druid does have access to charm, which benefits from the many paladin stuns. And if the paladin really wants to tank, thorns would provide enough damage. A decent amount of synergy is there. At least their buffs stack, unlike cleric/paladin, so the majority of what's in each spellbook will find its way in both buff windows.

With evac and lay hands, plus eventual soulfire charges and 90% rez, you won't be hurting for solutions to sudden, unforeseen problems. Making use of camo, ivu, harmony, and lull, dungeons like Kaesora and City of Mist will be less problematic, with the different mob types being a nonissue when moving from camp to camp. The duo could even fall back on snare and undead fear for casual xp sessions versus spectres.
Last edited by Ennewi; 08-08-2021 at 05:06 PM..
Old 08-08-2021, 07:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I've been relying on halfling hide, which is a bit hit and miss. My spell slots are kinda full right now/

Quote:
I'd say that a snare would make enchanters the most OP class ever but let's be real, they already are. Screw it just give it to them. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
True but good luck finding animals that aren't already being fear kited by a druid, cause there aren't that many animal class mobs.
Truth, druids are the most populous class and I know there are zones basically tailored to them. I fully expect to run into a lot of druids in those places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. It may be less than ideal in all other ways, but if it does it for you personally, keep doing it. The other duo combinations are an everyday sight. Shaman/monk. Cleric/enchanter. Powerful, but commonplace. Druid/paladin is unusual, which ought to make the journey from 1 to 60 go off the beaten ZEM path.

True, the pair's damage output leaves something to be desired, but the druid does have access to charm, which benefits from the many paladin stuns. And if the paladin really wants to tank, thorns would provide enough damage. A decent amount of synergy is there. At least their buffs stack, unlike cleric/paladin, so the majority of what's in each spellbook will find its way in both buff windows.

With evac and lay hands, plus eventual soulfire charges and 90% rez, you won't be hurting for solutions to sudden, unforeseen problems. Making use of camo, ivu, harmony, and lull, dungeons like Kaesora and City of Mist will be less problematic, with the different mob types being a nonissue when moving from camp to camp. The duo could even fall back on snare and undead fear for casual xp sessions versus spectres.
For sure. Basically we're just picking the classes we want to play and doing the best we can to make them mesh well. We won't outdo a monk/shaman or anything but that's totally cool.

I'm just happy to hear that this could work in some capacity though. I appreciate all the advice and tricks you guys have given us in this thread so far.
Old 08-08-2021, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

U could be human druid and paladin for blackburtow or u could be halfling druid and dwarf paladin and meet in freeport for befallen. Half elf druid and paladin would be p sweet for blackburrow too. Wood elf druid and high elf paladin wouldbe nice for crushbone. Either way good luck getting to level 20
Old 08-08-2021, 07:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalflingSpergand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
U could be human druid and paladin for blackburtow or u could be halfling druid and dwarf paladin and meet in freeport for befallen. Half elf druid and paladin would be p sweet for blackburrow too. Wood elf druid and high elf paladin wouldbe nice for crushbone. Either way good luck getting to level 20
Human Paladin and Halfling Druid. Pally is already 45, druid currently just dinged 24, working hard to catch up. Both of us are Karana followers too which is a nice thematic bonus. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2021, 02:08 AM
Fire Giant

I don't really have anything to add. Just wanted to say I think it's awesome both you and your sister play. No bad combos if you're both having fun!
Old 08-09-2021, 03:27 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really have anything to add. Just wanted to say I think it's awesome both you and your sister play. No bad combos if you're both having fun!
Aw thanks, I appreciate that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-09-2021, 04:54 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I love druid and it is my main now. You got heal/DS/sow skin buffs regen not to mention ports! The only problem with druid, like other casters in game, is mana. If you got some patience to med through, you will be ok. Otherwise, Enchanter + druid might be other option you can think of. I am taking bit of break from game due to RL but if I would re-roll for duo I wanna try cleric + ench. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread