Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

On live I think pvp began at level 10.

Level one pvp would be pretty bad probably, for server.

Lots of crackpot ideas here. Charm and fear on players would be very dumb.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:39 PM
Banned

Don't qq about 500% xp. U can joust nooks with a rusty till 20 in a full day then go hunt plat/items in safety by being smart. Also don't be a mook itself an buy invis pots. Or play a bard.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Just reduce the cost of spells.
Old 09-25-2015, 02:43 PM
Banned

yea with 500% xp, low lvl pvp wont be a problem at all.

Honestly we WILL see people doing naggy and shit with that kind of an XP bonus.

I predict multiple level 50s very early on.

That said, who cares [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] no matter what happens, nothing matters and its all for fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday
That said, who cares no matter what happens, nothing matters and its all for fun
Old 09-25-2015, 03:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea with 500% xp, low lvl pvp wont be a problem at all.

Honestly we WILL see people doing naggy and shit with that kind of an XP bonus.
I doubt it....if PVE is permadeath. Too much risk to the encounter, plus too much risk that someone in the group stabs you in the back.

Now if you could resurrect...but rez times were a normal corpse timer/pvp timer, then that would change this sever considerably.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:34 PM
Banned

dont think i even died to pve on my monk on red99 until level 60, not gonna be that hard if im actually trying to not die.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:38 PM
Orc

Very much looking forward to the Discord server as it is proposed, but just like Arshis says - the rules can be better tweaked.

- Level 3-5 would be good for enabling PvP. In that way there won't be people griefing defenseless lvl 1's. At Level 5 all the casters would have the basic starter spells and the others some economy to be able to do anything but just trying to mindlessly melee eachother to death while naked. Alternatively randomized starting locations are needed, but that would be too rough being lvl 1 in my opinion.

- One of the most exciting parts of playing at the Discord is the full item and money loot. I fully support that. Enabling PvP at Level 3-5 makes sense in this matter as well, because what's the fun/meaning of killing naked people at Level 1 with no loot?

- Corpse rot should be maybe 3 days. That makes it possible to try to get back to the corpse to see if the attacker took everything or not. Even in remote locations. Upon death you should respawn as a naked Level 1 at the starter location, with the possibility to return to your corpse and loot it.

- An alternative fun and grim corpse system would be to allow anyone to loot dead player corpses after a few minutes (similar to npc/mobs). That would create situations where you might stumple upon other corpses with something left on it that the attacker didn't take. And where the killer sometimes needs to choose only a few items that there is space and weight allowance for. Would be pretty interesting actually.

- For the future: A permanent PvP server with item loot would be fantastic. Either Discord or Rallos Zek-like.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Banned

going to ruin this server if pvp is not enabled at level 1 in all zones.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brecon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt it....if PVE is permadeath. Too much risk to the encounter, plus too much risk that someone in the group stabs you in the back.

Now if you could resurrect...but rez times were a normal corpse timer/pvp timer, then that would change this sever considerably.
nah with the xp bonus on red you can get to 50 with 6 pals and no deaths in a few days.
Closed Thread