Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 01:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a way the wiki can be fixed so prices aren't displayed this way? Like if one person sells an item, it only shows their latest price? I saw someone wanting 1k for this robe because of one prankster.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fat cats manipulating prices, shits_classic.gif :/
Old 03-07-2019, 10:17 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHooker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Earth Staff for mage epic. 500k+ for just one part of the mage epic. Unless your a high end guild with trackers checking 24/7 forget about it. Even then certain guilds camp out hit squads against server rules and take magi out before you can even get to him. Still need just the earth staff. 3+ years now. Guess I'm a salty Mage too.....

Azyke/Striider
This!
Old 03-07-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

I'm glad this thread got necro'd cuz I have new ones

Dead "Men" Floating -- this shouldnt be worth more than or equal to the price of Gift of Pure Thought. I'll pay 3k for this spell

Anklesmasher - not entirely sure what these are going for specifically but this is like a 10k item imo. Monk snare weapon is about the only real reason for this and other snare weapons go for less than 1k , but theres so many monks that I guess that's worth a price increase.

Preserved Chokidai Vocal Cords - 30k ? I dont even have words for that. Pun intended

Gangrenous Touch of Z'athuul or whatever -- marginally useful (not really) necro spell. Would pay 2k for cool name and rarity.

Dessicated Halfling Mask -- obviously not worth even 1p because it makes you the worst race
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-07-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anklesmasher - not entirely sure what these are going for specifically but this is like a 10k item imo. Monk snare weapon is about the only real reason for this and other snare weapons go for less than 1k , but theres so many monks that I guess that's worth a price increase.
Fwiw I've seen more spirit wracked cords drop then anklesmashers, maybe my luck's just off though. As for everything else it's just a pay the premium or farm it yourself situation.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Aviak

I'm going to cast a vote for some of the 57+ spells that are absolutely stupid. Torpor being the single most ridiculously priced item in the game - everyone wants Torpor, yet, you insist on charging 80k for one? Where is the reasoning!? I don't have a shaman, but I damned sympathize with'em, and am more than happy to give it to the first shaman that would be grouped with me if it dropped.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskje [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to cast a vote for some of the 57+ spells that are absolutely stupid. Torpor being the single most ridiculously priced item in the game - everyone wants Torpor, yet, you insist on charging 80k for one? Where is the reasoning!? I don't have a shaman, but I damned sympathize with'em, and am more than happy to give it to the first shaman that would be grouped with me if it dropped.
Well to be fair , a torp shaman vs a regular shaman is the same as a epic mage vs a mage

It's like power increase so huge it's like playing a different class.

And to compound, everyone wants to play a shaman so the demand is there.
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-07-2019, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by laskje [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? That low? I remember when it was near 200k.

It may be the single most overpowered spell in the game, and everyone knows it. That's why they can afford to charge what they do.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Aviak

It's funny to watch people complain about prices. Yeah, some things are overpriced, but that's how markets work. It's not random and it's not just an individual instance. Things are priced for specific reasons and trends take many people, not just one.

Torpor for example. First off, it doesn't drop ALL the time, it takes some effort to actually get a copy of it, so the supply is lower. Secondly, there is a large abundance of 60 shamans on p99 (which I love as a melee, thank you shammies!) so the demand is high. Thirdly, as stated, it is a VERY OP spell that completely changes life as a shaman...

Part of why people sell things is because they want the profit... so people set prices according to what they think they can get within a reasonable amount of time. Want to move an item quickly? Set it below market average, sell quickly, and move on. Happy to tunnel quest for 4 days and want to see higher profits on single items? Set it above market average, wait, and find the right buyer.

People complain about prices on p99 all the time and I think it is absolute folly. To me, your complaints put you far below those who tunnel quest.

People pay what they are willing to pay. Not willing to pay the price, don't buy it or find a different seller. Move on. Stop whining.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah was wondering also. Is warrior epic still a thing in velious? Anyone thinks lazer saber are worth 400k+ ?
With the change to proc individual threat/hate components being capped to 400 (unless stated otherwise), the red blade is very good (not that it was ever bad).

In addition, when the 2handed patch goes in, people will be very surprised at how good of hate per second the 2handed Epic becomes.

In terms of addressing the general thread:

http://wiki.project1999.com/Woven_Cord_of_Mistletoe is probably my pick for the most overpriced item. It's rare, sure. But at 80-85k, just buy a BCG. Chardok 2.0 also has Girdle of Rapidity for ~20k.

Consequently, I think http://wiki.project1999.com/Bone-Clasped_Girdle is one of the most underpriced items in today's market.
Old 03-07-2019, 12:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizlop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Really? That low? I remember when it was near 200k.

It may be the single most overpowered spell in the game, and everyone knows it. That's why they can afford to charge what they do.
The order of overpowered spells is this:

1) CH
2) Slow
3) Charm
4) Torpor

Don’t agree? Come fight me.
Closed Thread