Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 03:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphynx87 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I totally respect and agree that P99 is an amazing volunteer project and I have been enjoying it for over a decade. That being said I'm a casual player, I haven't played on p99 for about 8 months, and last night I just saw the first Iksar lvl 50... I'm currently level 7 on my iksar necro.

If their intent was to slow down Iksar progression I don't think it worked. Taking out quest XP feels like casual players are being actively punished more than the people who have alts and groups of people to help plvl them. Idk, I get why they did it, but I kind of see it as a failed experiment and it legit makes me kind of not feel like playing the game until it comes back, and by then there will already be hundreds of 50+ Iksar so what was the point?
I don't think the point was only to slow down iksar leveling, but 50-60 leveling also. And I'm sure it did mitigate it, notwithstanding the fact that people are powerleveling in shifts, which was bound to happen. I think it's a reasonable measure to take, and it only lasts for a month. What about your enjoyment of this project really hinges on no quest xp for one month?
Old 11-11-2020, 04:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think the point was only to slow down iksar leveling, but 50-60 leveling also. And I'm sure it did mitigate it, notwithstanding the fact that people are powerleveling in shifts, which was bound to happen. I think it's a reasonable measure to take, and it only lasts for a month. What about your enjoyment of this project really hinges on no quest xp for one month?
Because it doesn't represent the original experience I had playing Kunark back when it released. Several quests are still worth doing for items or money, but experience rewards are a major part of leveling throughout the game. If it had more to do with people ranked level 50-60 could those quests for those levels not just be disabled?
Old 11-11-2020, 04:10 AM
Aviak

Yeah honestly, complete kudos and respect to the people that run this. Like, it's absurd to think of them other than super awesome people. Or whine about anything in anyway. The amount of time and effort that was spent on this by volunteers just so I could relive my youth and play with my toys again... like, i'd be a little bitch if I complained about anything at all really.

THANK YOU
Biggest Ego 2021 - {Your Advertisement Here}
Old 11-11-2020, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

I'm having such a blast with lizard crew! Thanks staff forever and ever! 😍😍😍
Old 11-11-2020, 05:11 PM
Banned

I'm not complaining about anything

its always Mannastone and his posts
Old 11-11-2020, 05:26 PM
Fire Giant

Big time thanks to those in charge for this project.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:20 PM
Banned

You're good Tuna. Outside of a couple posters everyone else in the thread gets that it's possible to be grateful even if something is not 100% perfect.

In fact the most involved players here have actively made p99 better over the years via Bug reports to devs. The devs actually do listen to player feedback in the right channels, especially if it is high evidence, low drama based.

P99 is fun to play and a badass feat of 'ongoing' accomplishment by any standard. Devs should be proud.
Old 11-11-2020, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Why people think Rog Nil made p99 :

"Thank you for the joy and nostalgia!"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Why rog and nil really made p99:

"WTF you nerf THIS and not THAT this is NOT classic! You guys I am so angry I will tell you wait till you get a load of this let me explain here is why you need to understand - -"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2020, 07:11 PM
Planar Protector

I agree that it would have been better not to remove the quest EXP all together, but it was probably the only easy way for them to deal with that. There are a lot of other haxx items so its true that smart money bags are still getting major levelings without the little turn in quest stuff. I also agree that removing turn in quest EXP nerfs the classic experience, which is the point of this. Maybe make the turn in quest have like a maximum of 10 turn ins per game day which allows any normal player to live a normal life?

I am uncomfortable about the unclassic stuff, as always. Double standards suck
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-11-2020, 07:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Big time thanks to those in charge for this project.
Closed Thread