Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Worst Group (not raid) Classes?
Enchanter 2 1.92%
Magician 10 9.62%
Necromancer 8 7.69%
Wizard 62 59.62%
Cleric 1 0.96%
Druid 27 25.96%
Shaman 2 1.92%
Bard 3 2.88%
Monk 2 1.92%
Ranger 22 21.15%
Rogue 3 2.88%
Paladin 4 3.85%
Shadow Knight 5 4.81%
Warrior 14 13.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 02:57 AM
Fire Giant

Just noticed ranger has a lot of votes, which is wild. Best snap aggro, reasonable DPS, track, harmony, root, snare... pretty amazing honestly.

Very low skill floor though, if you play the class like a rogue without backstab. Speaking of which, in classic rogues are pretty damn terrible. They offer very mediocre DPS and literally nothing else. At least warriors can tank.
Old 11-24-2021, 03:23 AM
Banned

I've only grouped with one bad ranger, that was on red. My cleric killed him with 1 nuke to save him his exp death.

He was an ultratwink and spent the rest of his life on red99 never living it down. Until he quit to go play on several garage boxes.

Otherwise. Ya. Most rangers are really skilled and dedicated.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not going to vote I feel sorry for the wizard class.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-24-2021, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not going to vote I feel sorry for the wizard class.
This thread is kinda depressing, yeah. I tried my best with a wizard, honestly.

Couldn't get into any groups, couldn't get into any guilds that would help me. All I ever wanted was to muster a strike force to go through KC for the concussion spell, never did manage it. I've basically relegated him to a DaP character now.

Playing a shaman now, and my sister rolled a SK with me. We're having a blast and the future is looking more bright. xD
Old 11-24-2021, 08:01 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard gets it double bad. The typical prevailing conditions in a generic P1999 experience group already play against the wizard's strengths. Compounding the problem, over the years on P99 the wizard developed a reputation as the haven for lazy stoners who'd blow all their mana on a pull or two then afk for 10 min at a time. Motivated wizards can and do prove their worth, but its an uphill climb to be sure.

Danth
Old 11-24-2021, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

I did my best to figure out how to be a "good wizard" and contribute as much as I could in a group.

-Bought a Solist's Icy Wand so I could continue to provide mana-less DPS
-Kept my Staff of Temp Flux at the ready to snap aggro adds so I could kite them when possible.
-Kept a stun and dispel memmed for areas with casters in it.
-Saved the "mana dump" for those tense fights when we really needed mobs to die.
-And of course, kept an evac ready.

Wasn't really sure what else I could do, but I never really got into groups to practice much anyhow. But yeah wizard just didn't work out for me in the end. Tried my best but no one wanted one.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

Wizards are one of my favorite classes. The first time I played one I loved it but it was way late in my EQ career.

Here in the post-meta-meta world, I can see how people would be scums and not invite you to groups, but you provide some DPS, and crowd control, and of course evac capabilities.

So I dunno, I like them anyways.

In better p99 days I got offered a fully planar equiped ranger with epics for my level 54 wizard because the guy was in a fancy guild and didn't want to go through the trouble of leveling up a wizzie and at the time it was all about DPS for killing Trakanon when ivy hoops were first nerfed I believe.

But I didn't know what I'd do with such a ranger, fancy as he was so I didn't jump on the trade. I shoulda, but didn't

But yeah for a group they seem to be the clear loser in functionality + dps offerings.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-25-2021, 12:45 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

necro for sure! what a bunch of crap!
Old 11-25-2021, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

One thing can be confirmed, most of you are terrible at this game and even on the optimum class comp will make for a worse group than one of almost any group comp by good players.
Old 11-25-2021, 06:48 PM
Orc

How long ya been on welfare solist?
Closed Thread