Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2017, 11:55 AM
Sarnak

Default 3 mages!

Hey Guys,

My friends and I recently decided to make a team of 3 mages for fun. I was just curious if any of you had any tips or tricks for this set up. What kind of pets do you think would be optimal? I've heard that stacking air pets can keep the enemy stunned. So far water has been pretty solid with the two of us but we just added a third and wondered if they should just follow suit or change it up. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Cheers!
Old 02-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Planar Protector

I would think 3x air would be pretty good...3x fire pet could be pretty good too? whichever pet is taking a beating just have them back off a bit.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

get 3 more, indestructible

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 02-10-2017, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

I dunno why, but there not many who actually pursue a magé trois like this. It can be super fun as you and your friends are learning. I actually joined one while leveling one of my characters and was surprised at how smooth it was. I would recommend water pets for dmg. Can be handy to have one earth for cc, but depending on experience level it may not be all that necessary. I highly recommend securing focus items though for maximum enjoyment. They'll make your pets more effective at their jobs and make them much bigger too ^^
Old 02-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

I think 4 mages would be best! Each using exclusively spells themed to his or her element!
Old 02-10-2017, 04:02 PM
Banned

It would be rad if this thread evolved into a <guild of only mages> tag that like eventually were rolling through p99 with like 60 mages and nothing else.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:11 PM
Skeleton

I wouldn't recommend air. The stun isn't really that reliable and earth pet + root is generally just better. Fire is nice at lower levels with the free ds. 50+ it's pretty much the highest level pet you have available except fire pet because fire pets 50+ suck. Most people use the 51 earth pet or 57 earth pet to exp. The extra Hps are just too hard to pass up and the root is nice for CC.

When doing a group of mages, just let your pets die and resummon. Don't bother healing your pets. It's generally cheaper to just resummon and cast burnout again. Also, you can play around with turning taunt off and see if you can get the mob to switch pets if one is low, but generally it doesn't work very well. Most likely, the higher level pet summoned will take the hits.

I highly recommend doing CoM upstairs once you get 50+. Was really good xp and easy to get 1-2 mobs a pull. And you can chain pet kill Neh Ashir for your epic torch while your there.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

A while back I talked about doing an all mage event in Kael.

People should do that. Show up with level 60 mages, MS2 or MS3 and let loose from WL zone line all the way in to the arena. That would be so much fun.

EDIT:
Any mage that has Thurg/Kael/SS legs just DS everything for free. That way all mages just need to Summon and BO4/BO3 only.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:21 PM
Sarnak

the air pet will most likely steal aggro....so if all 3 are air then it might bounce around
Old 02-10-2017, 04:35 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by gprater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the air pet will most likely steal aggro....so if all 3 are air then it might bounce around
You actually want the dmg to bounce around so one person isn't constantly re-summoning pets and running OOM. This happens alot when one guy in the group has a higher level pet spell. Like if 2 of you are 38 with lvl 34 pets and 1 is 39 with the new 39 pets, he will likely pull agro with his pet the whole time and constantly be re-summoning. The good news is that with 3 pets you will slaughter stuff pretty fast and it won't really matter.

As for the air pet, I would only use them when fighting caster mobs. Even then, the hps on the earth pet is often more helpful to outlive the massive caster spell dmg.
Closed Thread