Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2021, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Adjusted non-classic ZEMs to promote zone exploration and adventure-variety, ideally on a random rotating basis, would be the best thing that ever happened to a classic everquest server
Old 02-16-2021, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I die. Lake rathe will be in my mind. It's the final zone to both reality and unreality.
Lake rathe stays pretty busy until Kunark, and then you got epic campers.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:33 PM
Kobold

lake rathe god a lot of good lore
Old 02-16-2021, 07:20 PM
Fire Giant

Lake Rathe isn't very popular for grouping (nor is Dagnor's for that matter) but during classic era on Green got some decent use from solo'ers. Mistmoore and Guk got shafted pretty hard though from the ZEM changes.

What we'll really need is a big ZEM boost for Stonebrunt when that drops.
Old 02-17-2021, 02:26 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via ICQ to Uuruk Send a message via AIM to Uuruk Send a message via MSN to Uuruk Send a message via Yahoo to Uuruk

maybe op will drown in lake rathe
Old 03-30-2021, 08:55 PM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uuruk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
maybe op will drown in lake rathe
Didn't happen. Still think the honorable thing would be Sepeku, but Chaotic Neutral Evil coward who fails at everything in life including death.
Old 04-10-2021, 06:06 PM
Banned

when i first played on green i still really believed there was a lake monster and was scared to swim there

20 years ago it was hard to separate fact from fiction and i always assumed it was real
Old 04-10-2021, 06:38 PM
Fire Giant

The real monster of the lake.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Royal_Fish

"You feel the Hatred of an entire Race upon your soul"
Old 04-10-2021, 11:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naethyn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The real monster of the lake.

https://wiki.project1999.com/A_Royal_Fish

"You feel the Hatred of an entire Race upon your soul"
Is this for real?? or meme
Old 04-11-2021, 12:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adjusted non-classic ZEMs to promote zone exploration and adventure-variety, ideally on a random rotating basis, would be the best thing that ever happened to a classic everquest server
Would be cool... I've played a lot of toons on Green, Blue and now Red... and it's so surreal to me how every single person levels in Unrest, Mistmoore, Cazic Thule and Sol B... like you would think people would change it up more?

I feel like people did change it up more back in the day? Like 20 years ago? Maybe I'm misremembering things, or maybe it was because most zones were so packed that players felt like they had to do different dungeons? But I don't remember Unrest in particular as being part of the meta and actually thought it was cool that I was the only kid on the school bus who knew anything about that place...

I remember the kids on my school bus actually taking me to Aviak village in South Karana... like this was a real camp, and we would sit in the tree house in the village and pull the birds and I remember thinking about how crazy and scary it was because those birds hit so hard, and I had no idea where I was, or how to escape or get back if I died...

Also remember Lake of Ill Omen being the actual Barrens Chat long before WoW even existed. Hundreds of people in the zone, with a large percentage of them piled into the Sarnak Fort fighting over pulls...

I don't feel like either of those places were ever really a thing on P99? Or maybe they were 10 years ago and I just missed it..
Closed Thread