Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 09:33 AM
Fire Giant

hes gonna smed all over this, SMEDDDD
Old 11-23-2021, 10:23 AM
Banned

Redraw all the textures by hand at high res (no algorithm upscaling!) and increase the number of polys on the old models and in the zone architectures, but leave everything else unmolested.

I just want classic art style + higher resolutions\fidelity. Maybe an updated lighting system. Some of those fan remakes are really cool looking, but I almost can't recognize which zones they are supposed to be because the art style is so much different.

Also random question: Why is it that whenever I watch VR captured footage of FPS games on youtube, it *always* looks like the person playing is tilting their head to the left? The horizon line is always slanted up to the left, it drives me nuts!
Old 11-23-2021, 10:55 AM
Banned

google is evil so is amazon and all others

fuck em

i only want eq we hand crafted in the after-hours in the pc lab of my bible study grp on my neo-amish-commune were we cover our ankles and wear long sleeves like real women.
Old 11-23-2021, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Poll: Is foot hair attractive on a woman?
Yes
No
Foot hair took down the towers
Old 11-23-2021, 11:02 AM
Banned

Foot hair isn't even attractive on a man. Halflings are freaks of nature and should be destroyed.

Meeting a hot halfling chick would be like when you meet one of those cute hippie girls at a music festival, and you're hitting it off and having a blast and then she goes to swat a bug away and you notice she has pit hair and then you just stare blankly for the next hour contemplating existence.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

I did that once and the girl apologized to me for her pit hair. I never have stopped feeling guilty over it.
Old 11-23-2021, 11:21 AM
Banned

As she should have, that monster. And just think, in a modern EQ remake female halflings would presumably have even more well defined and realistic body hair. I'm so conflicted on this project....!
Old 11-23-2021, 11:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is why we call p1999 a containment zone for the worst kinds of gamers. I'm sure you are a blast in whatever social interactions you partake in.
I am. Just a luddite.

Also - I clicked on it again on a PC and saw that the art was just nathan napalm's intro and only half a second long. I wasn't kidding I saw that and thot "fuck this" I thought it was some kinda joke.

I do hate Amazon. Like most here I'm too jaded to get excited about any new MMO's and will just kinda look at em when they come up and see if they're good. Hard to get emotionally involved.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-23-2021 at 12:08 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

what we get

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

what we need

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2021, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Its a secret recipe of low rez or low detail textures that allows maximum immersion and imagination. N64 graphics pretty much always worked because they had almost no textures. EQ graphics very similar.

Cell shading usually looks a bit too cartoony but I think something in that vein is the secret sauce.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread