View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Default Merge Green with Blue

What's the point anymore. Does anyone actually not want it to merge at this point?
Old 11-28-2021, 05:57 PM
Banned

Voted yes so we could get a fresh vanilla server. With naked ppl again. Doing naked levels.
Old 11-28-2021, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Voted yes so we could get a fresh vanilla server. With naked ppl again. Doing naked levels.
I'm with you on that.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:21 PM
Kobold

It's planned for Green to merge into Blue no earlier than 2023 regardless. The biggest reason Green is doing as well as it is would be because of this; dividing the player population permanently would only be a detriment to P99 as a whole. I'm glad it'll do fresh Greens every cycle.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:23 PM
Fire Giant

Don't merge just reset fresh
Old 11-28-2021, 07:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't merge just reset fresh
If all of my progress on Green were to be reset, I would immediately quit. I think "Seasons of Mastery" style temporary-run characters wouldn't do very well for a game that necessitates dedicated commitment on the level of EverQuest unless rates were dramatically adjusted, which would then remove a lot of magic from EQ and probably kill a lot of interest for people who haven't progressed so far otherwise.
Old 11-28-2021, 07:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If all of my progress on Green were to be reset, I would immediately quit. I think "Seasons of Mastery" style temporary-run characters wouldn't do very well for a game that necessitates dedicated commitment on the level of EverQuest unless rates were dramatically adjusted, which would then remove a lot of magic from EQ and probably kill a lot of interest for people who haven't progressed so far otherwise.
That's a lot of the problem, you see it as progress. It's a video game, having a season server and a permanent is perfect, gives people options on which style they would like.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:06 PM
Planar Protector

P99 has gained its reputation because there is a degree of permanence of the characters that is seldom seen on emulated projects.

While nothing in life is certian, P99 staff will do everything they can not to violate this core tenet of the p99 community.

Worst case scenario is your green characters merge to blue, as intended and they can live on for as long the project lasts while joining their brothers and sisters on blue.

This is the best for overall health, to allow the meta server to exist with perpetual inbound players while the timeline progression server gets to start fresh on a cycle. Some people are content to play the cycle and go their own way, but there is no reason that when the cycle concludes the server should just be back burnered forever, or deleted.

As other posters have mentioned, blue is doing well because they have the hope that ultimately green and future new servers will be merging there.

I can't see any very robust reason to not merge the 2 servers.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Green 1.0 will just be another Red (population-wise) if there is no merge

Just merge them and get Green 2.0 going afterwards

And maybe figure out what to do with Red
Old 11-28-2021, 08:32 PM
Banned

No thanks, top end too busy. Make a new server, spread the pop out. Rather have too few than too many (just not Red levels of too few)
Closed Thread