Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugoslavia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've just contradicted your argument about "trying to introduce gray area where it doesn't exist." I'm personally not opposed to names being changed, but I couldn't agree more with branamil's point that it could have been handled with more tact.

It doesn't send a very good message when names are changed that don't appear to violate the naming policy at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llandris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4.16 The Project 1999 Naming Policy

Character names in EverQuest should be thematically consistent with the high-fantasy environment of EverQuest
You can't role play as an elephant. Rule broken name changed. I'd like to retract my original statement that this is not a violation as it clearly is. I'd also like to apologize to everyone for my original oversight and look forward to continually immersing our server.
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-11-2018, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciksharn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't role play as an elephant. Rule broken name changed. I'd like to retract my original statement that this is not a violation as it clearly is. I'd also like to apologize to everyone for my original oversight and look forward to continually immersing our server.
Who says? Guy might spend all day in south karana courting bull elephants.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why I give everyone a good chance to tell me their RP reason before I add them to THE LIST.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Llandris says. See list of changed names
This isn't rocket science people: if your name clearly means something non-Everquest-related when most people see it, it doesn't belong. If your name is the same as something obscure that most people have never heard of, it's fine.:
Old 02-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Banned

*hands tremble with Righteous Conviction and Joy*
Old 02-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*hands tremble with Righteous Conviction and Joy*
You have truely bwen sent by solsek ro to do his work. Thank you
Old 02-11-2018, 06:46 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I do not know this Mauricio guy, but I would also like to provide this reference in an attempt to help Mauricio get his character name Winchester reinstated.

Quote:
These guidelines apply both forenames and surnames, and also to the combination produced by a forename and surname. (For example, the first name Clint and the last name Eastwood are both acceptable names separately, but Clint Eastwood is not.)
As I am fairly certain the name Winchester could be a first name, and probably is to a number of people out there. Furthermore I have no doubt that this would have been a first name used in a similar medieval time that it is assumed that EverQuest adheres to.

According to this rule stipulation, the name Winchester should be reinstated, as it did not also contain a surname of Rifle, or Arms, or any variation thereof...

Thank you for your consideration.
Old 02-11-2018, 06:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcelona [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not know this Mauricio guy, but I would also like to provide this reference in an attempt to help Mauricio get his character name Winchester reinstated.

As I am fairly certain the name Winchester could be a first name, and probably is to a number of people out there. Furthermore I have no doubt that this would have been a first name used in a similar medieval time that it is assumed that EverQuest adheres to.

According to this rule stipulation, the name Winchester should be reinstated, as it did not also contain a surname of Rifle, or Arms, or any variation thereof...

Thank you for your consideration.
Please see the quote located in my signature as it directly pertains to your request
Old 02-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Orc

Some nice stasi shit going on here, well done.

Knights who say ni needs to be reported immediately because that name belong to the Monty Phyton universe and not the Everquest universe.

Please erase them from the server.

Nothing personal here, just keeping the cleanse going.