Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I remember <Magister> was top on Emarr. I'm not sure if that was during classic or if that was slightly after. I think you had to have cable/DSL instead of dial up as one of the requirements.
I remember Midnight Sojourn was pretty good during Vanilla and Kunark and would get together to take down shit like KDT in Velious. I dunno wtf I did as a little kid but I used to always send tells to level 60s to be like whooaaawhoaa golden efreeti!? whoa! Talking to those high end raiders is what got me to roll a Rogue and Mage (wizard) in WOW when that started and I've generally rogue/wiz'ed every game since.
Old 09-15-2018, 05:38 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talisman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

My top three Tribunal Guilds are:

<Elitists and Vagrants>
<Sol Invictus>
<The Companions>
Agreed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Oh btw. During Kunark Gorenaire was a server first for us. Probably other mobs as well, but definately Gorenaire.
Old 09-16-2018, 04:17 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played on RZ back in 2001/2. Dominant guilds were Ascending Dawn, Wudan, and Magus Imperialist Magikus. (These were also the 3 guilds that United to defeat the Sleeper) Before I was on server back in 1999 I was told top guilds were Synergy, Rebirth, and possibly Peacebreakers.
Synergy was an early raid alliance. They went to war with the other raid alliance, Sabbat, in the first multi-guild war on the (RZ) server.

Rebirth was not a guild, either, it was another multi-guild war, in this case between an alliance led by Peacebreakers (a Taiwan-based guild) on the one side, and Ascending Dawn on the other. Pretty much every serious guild on the server was involved. Peacebreakers might have won if they didn't attract so much unfavorable GM attention, and in the end the whole thing turned in AsD's favor after the server GM at the time (Ozuri) intervened.

Ascending Dawn did spend most of the server's history, once they were established, on top in terms of PvE. But PvP was another story. Beyond any doubt, the top PvP guild was <Hidden Power>, later reconstituted as <Facultas Utrimque>. Hidden Power dominated the BotBs, and very famously won the gamewide 6 v 6 (Test of Tactics) against blue server teams that were light-years ahead in terms of gear.

Also, fair to mention that one lightie guild, <North Star Avengers> made it to the end on Sullon. Their members and leadership were just as goofy as you would expect a good team guild to be, but hey, it takes all types.

Also, the top guild on Zek post-merge was the Euro guild, <Ancient Dawn> (merge of <Ancient Orden> and <Ebon Dawn> from VZ). When they moved to ABayle due to loss of numbers during PoR, it took nearly a year for the next guild to catch up.

<Pandemonium> was tops most of the time after <Ancient Dawn> left, especially after <Defiant> merged into them. <Ascending Dawn> was ahead for a very brief window before that, and <Wudan> (with some of the original members from the Sleeper kill era of RZ) would eventually come back and finish <Pandemonium> off at the very end, taking the top spot for a little while before numbers became such a problem that Zek simply doesn't support raid guilds anymore.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:06 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah, the memories, Darkwind on Antonius Bayle, those were the days. (Also the days when Ciniel had real gear) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

/Cin
Old 09-16-2018, 09:04 AM
Skeleton

Saryrn server
Early on the top team was Order of the Phoenix.
Later shortly after SoV the team Heaven & Earth took over server first status.

Mojofingers Heaven & Earth
Blunted brotha 60 rogue
Growenstone 60 druid
Azuth 60 wizard
Saryrn server

Indiica 45 cleric
P99 server
Last edited by Mojofingers; 09-16-2018 at 09:22 AM..
Old 09-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nommis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Legday, we're Cazic Thule bros, were you affiliated with any guild? My brother and I were in Shadowed Soul through Velious and we had an alliance with some guild....I think it was abbreviated DA?

Some history: Shadowed Soul was the top dog in classic and then some members split to make Element of Darkness. Pirotess was the guild leader of SS while I think it was Bgup with EoD. Also, Element of Darkness and The Relentless worked as an alliance during Velious and had a field day in Ntov while we were farming HoT and sniping Zlandi, Klandi, Sont, and Kael when we could.

There was also Coterie Nocturne...

Remember Cazic Thule Corner forums and all drama there? I probably still have Kela's nudes on a floppy disk somewhere.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey hey .. I was also in SS then. Give me a shout in game ... same name 😊
Old 09-17-2018, 06:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarackObooma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honch was the guild leader? I seem to remember the name Matteo. I remember Katia for sure. Katia was a female druid? Katia used to do some of the heavy buying/selling for their guild. My wizard used to scour the bazaar for rare page halves to make into spells. In Luclin, Remove Greater Curse was very rare and highly sought after for raids and sold for 100k. I seem to remember selling one to Katia.
Good memory. Honch was Ascent's Barbarian Warrior guild leader. Katia was his IRL wife, and a female wood elf druid who truly was always in the bazaar during SoL.

Matteo was a Dol Amroth officer, and just a really well known guy. Wood elf rogue.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:35 PM
Large Rat

On Vazaelle I remember Caer Cadarn being really good, but I don't know who came after. What I heard was they were an Asian-time guild so they got a lot of uncontested spawns.

I was in Appotus Dominus starting in mid-Pop when we became the number 3 guild on the server, but we were the fifth guild to get to the elemental planes. Triality became the number 2 guild, but I think AD was ahead of them when I started. I know Agony and Eternal Advocates were good, but I don't know how long they were around.

I started playing on Vazaelle during Velious and I think it was a fairly new server.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Phantom Raiders on Bertoxx

Dragon Council.. I remember DC being widely hated and I wanted to join them or PR really bad then.

Prophesy too. Think those were our top 3.
lol i was in DC on Oomega Back then
Old 09-17-2018, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tholuxe Paells

Rebirth and Altered State were the big guilds from my sketchy memory. Rebirth particularly during vanilla. If any Tholuxe players can add to this, please do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rebirth.. Paradigm Nocturne**? Malus Imperium? dam i forgot who else... i think it was Rebirth who woke sleeper.. Funny.. I bought the 1st SoD that got stolen from Rebirths guild bank from some eurdite cleric chick for 250k lol
Last edited by Lewkeng; 09-17-2018 at 07:03 PM..
Closed Thread