Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

my solution would be pretty simple:
What if you were not allowed to kill the following mobs twice in a row

Vulak, Doze, KT & Dain.
This type of lockout is a defacto rotation between the two most dominant entities.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:11 PM
Sarnak

I like Raev's idea. How fast you kill stuff being the differentiating factor in what you get is a much healthier competition than head to head on the same mobs and fits a PvE server better anyway.

I think you could get something simpler by just agreeing to simulate a quake each week by not killing anything until there's a full repop of the 7 day mobs, but really, anything that pushes competition in a faster clears = more kills direction is probably a good idea.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:19 PM
Kobold

I got a really crazy idea.

If you petition a raid, your guild has to concede the mob first. If the petition is successful, the punishment for the other guild is a month long ban for that mob.
Freddee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Druid
Spooee Bearfoot - 60 Halfling Cleric
<Vanquish>
Old 10-21-2020, 04:47 PM
Kobold

@Raev, I like the idea. I personally would go with it, or at least be on board for a trial period of a few months. Maybe I should have said "I guess I can see how people would say it's a little complicated." The thing is, I most certainly agree that the current raid rules, and how they differ and seem to contradict themselves from zone to zone or instance to instance, is indeed more complicated, in my opinion.

I'm with you on this bud, don't worry.

Mostly I'm thinking that, for the sake of the server, we actually need to start even FURTHER towards the "everybody love everybody! Come on!!" side of the spectrum, and start with straight up rotations, basically across the board. Then once we've played nice for a month, we can introduce some of the elements of indirect competition. Once that is all sorted out for a month or so, and if we're all still playing nice, maybe we can introduce some direct competition.
Old 10-21-2020, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is clear that the GMs are requesting that the Raid entities change their perspective to look at the opposition as an equal who is trying to follow the rules and not as an enemy that needs to be removed, but that is just my opinion. how to convey this to your opposition in a sincere way and put it into application is more difficult i would think, but i see this as the requested avenue

my solution would be pretty simple:
What if you were not allowed to kill the following mobs twice in a row

Vulak, Doze, KT & Dain.

These are the main prizes anyway and fuel much of the toxicity imo, and this would not be a rotation, but more of a restriction and easy to track....

Best solution i can think of overall would be the change how ToV works from a programming level - make all of NTOV repop when Vulak spawns similair to CT in Fear except make is so none of the other dragons spawn before vulak, so ALL of ToV spawns when Vulak spwans. Then there would be mobs for everyone every week.
Vulak being up while any blocker is up is like 65% of the reason no system works
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 10-21-2020, 06:07 PM
Banned

FTE Lockout Plan:
ToV - 3hr lockout on a mob or until death. timer starts at Yellow Text.
* If you fail to kill in three hours your lockout extends an additional 2Hours regardless if the mob dies sooner. You do not have to drop the mob if you are mid kill on the raid mob.
* If a guild is engaged on Dagarn, Feshlak,Kreizenn and/or Vyemm/KoI/Lady M, you must run the opposite way around the inner circle as to not train their engage, doing so will result in a one week suspension on all 3 mobs on the respective side.
* If a Lord or Lady spawns while a Vulak FTE is out your lockout ends immediately and there will be a 5minute pause so you can evacuate and then a /random race will be done for the start of the new dragon. -upon death of this dragon a NEW race for Vulak will start 5minutes from that death via random (/grabs popcorn gotta keep Vulak Spicy).
* You may NOT cross the race line until your current mob is dead so no trying to time a race at 2% if something new spawns mid fight.
*No Coth FTEs
*Unlimited Racers
*No shenanigans(crown of rile, rez/coth FTEs/dueling for knock back procs/shadow step etc)
Race for Zlandi is from no further than the entrance portal pillars.
Race for Klandi is from the corner of SG zoneline.
Keep KD(CS Dragon) as is with new lockout timers.
Keep Dain Race as is with new lockout timers.
Keep Kael as is with new lockout timers.
Rotate Tunare/RW/Yelinak
Keep Kunark/Classic Mobs as is.

On quakes you may not accidental FTE inner ring! No skipping some dragons!(exception with Trips/Twins for obvious reasons) this can play out like a chess match depending on number of guilds competing.

This will alleviate pretty much all petitions or greatly reduce, allows the bigger guilds advantage through kill speed and more racers, keeps game competitive, and allows for smaller guilds to race for mobs if they do choose. The additional lockout for failures or slow speeds also will prevent numbnuts from FTEing at 6am and trying to wait til 8am to kill a mob when his guild doesn’t have a force.

This sums up my idea for a competitive,fun,fair Norrath. Could make it a tentative 3 month agreement that will be re-addressed January 1.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE Lockout Plan:
ToV - 3hr lockout on a mob or until death. timer starts at Yellow Text.
* If you fail to kill in three hours your lockout extends an additional 2Hours regardless if the mob dies sooner. You do not have to drop the mob if you are mid kill on the raid mob.
* If a guild is engaged on Dagarn, Feshlak,Kreizenn and/or Vyemm/KoI/Lady M, you must run the opposite way around the inner circle as to not train their engage, doing so will result in a one week suspension on all 3 mobs on the respective side.
* If a Lord or Lady spawns while a Vulak FTE is out your lockout ends immediately and there will be a 5minute pause so you can evacuate and then a /random race will be done for the start of the new dragon. -upon death of this dragon a NEW race for Vulak will start 5minutes from that death via random (/grabs popcorn gotta keep Vulak Spicy).
* You may NOT cross the race line until your current mob is dead so no trying to time a race at 2% if something new spawns mid fight.
*No Coth FTEs
*Unlimited Racers
*No shenanigans(crown of rile, rez/coth FTEs/dueling for knock back procs/shadow step etc)
Race for Zlandi is from no further than the entrance portal pillars.
Race for Klandi is from the corner of SG zoneline.
Keep KD(CS Dragon) as is with new lockout timers.
Keep Dain Race as is with new lockout timers.
Keep Kael as is with new lockout timers.
Rotate Tunare/RW/Yelinak
Keep Kunark/Classic Mobs as is.

On quakes you may not accidental FTE inner ring! No skipping some dragons!(exception with Trips/Twins for obvious reasons) this can play out like a chess match depending on number of guilds competing.

This will alleviate pretty much all petitions or greatly reduce, allows the bigger guilds advantage through kill speed and more racers, keeps game competitive, and allows for smaller guilds to race for mobs if they do choose. The additional lockout for failures or slow speeds also will prevent numbnuts from FTEing at 6am and trying to wait til 8am to kill a mob when his guild doesn’t have a force.

This sums up my idea for a competitive,fun,fair Norrath. Could make it a tentative 3 month agreement that will be re-addressed January 1.
That's more or less 2017 raiding except Yelinak was a COTH race, and it was 1 hour
Old 10-21-2020, 06:35 PM
Fire Giant

I have a good idea hear me out its gonna be crazy:

Be excellent to each other
Old 10-21-2020, 06:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by saftbudet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like if a new FTE goes out on Vulak Aerr, mid fight .... the guild killing him, should be so afraid of the punishment and imedietly dropping it.
Why? With the current meta, kiting his guards, and mem blurring any that go back to the raid. Sometimes the chatners single target memblur is refreshing, so they use the AoE, and its possible to get a memblur on vulak, wihich would generate a new fte, but nowhere in the rules does it say you cant memblur your own mob..... So why should this be a punishable thing?
Old 10-21-2020, 07:10 PM
Orc

While I'm not in any of the big guilds involved in this issue, I'd like to point out that Rallos Zek actually had a rotation back in the day. We could kill each other, train each other, do all kinds of other BS, but eventually the leading guilds decided to rotate the mobs.

I understand why the Riot / Fr/AG are against rotations and guaranteed mobs/long lockout windows. That said, some of us in smaller guilds could actually do some of these mobs if we ever had time to assemble during peak hours for us.

From what I understand/remember on Rallos we had 24 hours to kill the mob and if we didn't get it down, it passed on to the next guild on the list. There were no 24 hour a day batphones. I logged in at night and we raided 6 nights a week from about 8pm EST to midnight. (You didn't have to make all of those raids.) The mobs were up and waiting for us. We didn't sit around poopsocking stuff. It was FUN. We acted like adults - mostly because for a few years there was chaos and lots of crazy shenanigans. The people on the server got sick of it. The top guilds enforced the rotation. (There were guilds that tried to gank mobs and break up the rotation, but it was a PVP server.. we hunted them down and made life miserable for them...) In the end, if a server full of assholes like Rallos could calm down and work together to create some sanity, this server can. We are all 20 years older, and should be more mature.. Maybe that isn't the case and some people just have a hard on for being assholes though..

I'd never claim that my guild (DB) can do NTOV, Tunare, etc... but we could do Vindi. We just have a tough time getting enough people of the right classes on at a moments notice which means that the current system is really tough for us. Yes... we could join other guilds, but I like the people in my guild. I don't want to leave them when we are successful in our own way, and could be more successful if the deck wasn't stacked against us with the way the server is set up.

I'd be fine with setting up different tiers of raid mobs and having a mob that you need to kill to prove that you can do mobs of that tier. While it isn't in Riot or FR/ AG's interest to give guilds like DB a chance and instead starve us from mobs until we give up and join Riot / FR/AG, it would be in the best interest of the server's health.
Closed Thread